Movies on TV

Airing tonight:

Rambo 3 (1988) on 7Mate at 8.35pm
Rambo: Last Blood (2019) on 10 Shake at 8.30pm

Gotta love the distribution of movies on FTA.

2 Likes

Was this meant to be scheduled earlier? “Lightyear” has already been out for a month and is a box office bomb. Perhaps the timeslot will play already booked TV spots for the movie for Disney Australia.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s on D+ early next month isn’t it. Maybe some sort of promo there.

3 Likes

Good call! :slight_smile:

Taken from TVW Perth feed, aired after Border Security (7pm ep) but before Toy Story 4 started, also included a “Disney Plus” ad before the sponsor board/tie-in.
Not sure if this aired in 7mate markets, but presume it did though, the other week’s did. @TV.Cynic

Also, saw the ATN Sydney feed, the usual long-running ‘end-of-movie red line’ split screen aired, where along with promos for MKR and Bee Gees special next week, had the full end credits scroll, as well as Walt Disney and Pixar end-tags (the latter studio with a specially themed one only seen in the end as opposed to opening credits). In 7mate markets, as usual, none of this aired at all, just an abrupt cut to the old Walt Disney logo (from the 90s - which Seven just generically use for this - from their old tapes no doubt) and the next movie begins.

5 Likes

The Disney+ ad and the sponsor board did air on 7mate in Melbourne at 7pm.

3 Likes

Toy Story 4 - missed the top 20 on Saturday.

1 Like

Saturday 6 August 7:30 PM Nine (Mel, Ade, Per) and 9Gem (Syd, Bri).

1 Like

This will be Nine’s first main channel first run movie from WB since early 2018 (Me Before You). There’s been a couple of others but on 9Go! (Scoob this April and Birds of Prey in December last year). Since the company re-negotiated a wider deal with WB mid-last year including for Stan, following Seven’s agreement now going back 7 years.

Tenet was famously boldly one of the big features theatrically released in late 2020 after the first year of the global pandemic, doing okay all things considered, but received very mixed reviews and didn’t perform as needed at the box office for obvious reasons.

1 Like

So WB titles like The Batman, Elvis and Aquaman 2 will eventually air on Nine.

1 Like

The most recent FTA premieres on Seven from WB (which were all last year) were:

Main channel: Smallfoot, Tag, Shazam, Lego 2, The Mule and Godzilla 2.

7flix: Teen Titans Go, The Nun, Pokemon Det Pickachu and Nancy Drew Hidden Staircase.

Safe to assume there might not be any more on Seven, following Nine’s recent deal. However those titles you mentioned are at least 2 years away from being available for FTA.

Strangely, the film is on 7flix while the show is on 9Go. Although that might change soon if Nine gets back all WB films.

Tonight (Friday 29 July) at 6.30pm on 7flix - check your local guides

Saturday August 13 7:30 PM - Seven and 7Mate

1 Like

Last movie I saw before lockdown - Feb 27 2020. So wasn’t quite released during pandemic.

I’ve also deleted a spoiler from your post.

1 Like

It wasn’t very good, but nowhere near as bad as Fantasy Island.

Attempted streaming it on Netflix or Binge or Stan about a year ago, fell asleep half-way through and can’t remember it much. I was surprised, normally a specific genre I really like. I’m also aware I’m in the minority with this view. Definitely need to re-watch. Ill see if 9Now uploaded it.

Wednesday 17 August 7:30 pm 9Go!

Saturday 20 August 5:40 pm 9Go!

Monday 15 August 8:40 pm 9Gem

Monday 22 August 8:30 PM 9Go!

First time on Seven:

9Go! also featuring a few movies that have previously been seen on Seven.

Tuesday 16 August 12.50 AM (Monday late night) Seven

In TV guides the movie is listed as Until We Are Safe.