Movies on TV

Next week:

•“True Story” (2015) movie premiere on ONE (Fox - Ten only have deal for Regency titles now though).

•“Cape Fear” (1992) network premiere on 9Go! (NBC Universal). Formerly on Seven > Ten.

•“Rambo” (2008) network premiere on 9Go! (Sony). Formerly on Seven, aired a number of times recently.

•“The Bodyguard” (1992) network premiere on Ch 7 (Warner Bros). Formerly on Nine.

SBS Viceland isn’t being careful.

As in they’ve been airing movies that aired on a commercial network only days / weeks ago.

(e.g.) “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” (1992) was on 7flix just over a week ago :roll_eyes:

The networks program further ahead than you think, and SBS aren’t going to be privy to what the other networks are planning until the schedules are released.

3 Likes

I understand that, but they could’ve changed it when they saw the schedules.

(e.g.) When 9Go! and ONE both scheduled the “48 Hrs” movies some weeks ago. The former dropped them from schedule.

Which brings me to my next point, how can it happen anyway, when usually you have to have broadcast rights to a film? Or does that exclude public broadcasters (which would explain why SBS air many movies seen on commercials, yet only one commercial airs a particular film - which makes the 48 Hrs situation bizarre).

Why should SBS change it?
They release their schedules first.

2 Likes

It’s extremely rare and quite odd to see the same movie that aired on another network a handful of days prior.

“Forrest Gump” (1994) returning to Nine tonight after ODI cricket in Perth.

From Paramount, formally Seven (including recently) and Ten.

This was originally a Nine title, according to this graphic from Nine in 1997 for “Gump Month” although I’m not sure why they labelled a whole month after Forrest Gump

YouTube: TheTVGuru3

5 Likes

6 Likes

A very quick Google search it was also on Nine as recently as 2007, if not later.

7 Likes

Strrrrrrrike three

You’re out, Lukey boy.

8 Likes

5 Likes

An online guide had it as “premiere” (eBroadcast), I wouldn’t have a clue.

So fair go.

Probably Nine’s fault for providing incorrect schedule info?

Forgive us if we expect a higher standard from our resident movieman :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Not being modest, I’m good but not great.

Good to see 4 different MediaSpy members are on the ball though :+1:

And they’re probably just syndicating whatever data Nine has sent them. Doesn’t mean it’s true.

1 Like

True.

Look, given Seven seem put “premiere” to everything (for example, I always take listings with a pinch of salt.

They’re often different amongst official advanced guides, newspaper listings and online guides.

But I know Forrest Gump has been on Seven for a number of years and I’m pretty sure Ten for a stint before that, so wasn’t positive.

Appreciate the unequivocal correction.

so then it’s probably wise not to just echo what they say on here because people will call you out on it.

30 seconds on google can do wonders…

3 Likes

Naturally.

The LukeMovieMan sprung team?

No I think members will pounce on anyone

1 Like