Movies on TV

“Flaming good premiere” The BBQ

1 Like

Back in the days when some Roadshow distributed titles had some logo variants at the beginning of films:

BTW, this came from a 2000 Channel Seven airing of ‘This Boy’s Life (1993)’

2 Likes

Did you just discover another new Roadshow Television variant?

1 Like

From Nine’s Disney deal. First time a Star Wars movie has a network premiere on Nine since Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 2002/2003 (?).

Danger Will Robinson :robot:

3 Likes

9Go currently airing Terminator 2 in 2.20 : 1 aspect. Seven however when they aired it…

3 Likes

It looks like Nine have acquired a higher quality transfer as well.

3 Likes

Watching it, it does look impressive even on a non-HD channel.

3 Likes

7mate played that movie so many times even in recent months, one of the all time best sequels

2 Likes

Rogue One Promo:

1 Like

It’s a shame they don’t have the rights to the other ones (I’m assuming by this solo airing?) Could’ve run a marathon. Though networks rarely air movies (even FTA premieres) on weeknights during ratings survey.

I mentioned last week that Nine had premiered The Phantom Menace. Under Nine’s deal with Disney, it’s possible for the network to acquire the rights to the other nine Star Wars movies (Episode I to VIII plus Solo).

Not if Seven are still licenced for a certain amount of runs though? I can only recall one airing of each back in (I think) 2015? Were they encored on 7mate?

2 Likes

I recall back when 7mate aired them, they used to run a marathon of all prior Star Wars movies before a new Star Wars movie came out.

1 Like

Looks like 10 only purchased a limited run of films from Roadshow, as after a year they’re re-appearing on Nine again (e.g.) this and “Scary Movie” in recent weeks.

Nine once again doing not one but two ‘split movies’ (for classification purposes, but still not the norm and bizarre) tomorrow night on Ch 9 and 9Gem.

“Star Wars: Rogue One” FTA premiere “Part 1” at 8:15pm and “Part 2” M at 9:50pm & “Laurence of Arabia - Part 1” PG (promo also says it like that) at 7pm, followed by “Part 2” M at 9:02pm.

I’ll try and upload. As provided last time, they cut to studio logo, showed a quick promo for the next part and continued the movie with an updated classification including warning.

2 Likes

“Lawrence of Arabia” (9Gem program divide at 9:02pm for classification change)

Addition from Nine

Full screen advisory

Partial end credits?

Studio logo

Cut to ad break, only 10sec - a promo

Studio logo again

Movie resumes with new classification warning

NB/ 7pm to this was edited PG

4 Likes

Seems Nine is blatantly using the loophole for ratings purposes. Why can’t it just show the movie with a single classification throughout? Even if it means starting the movie at 8.30pm.

3 Likes

“Fantastic Four 2: Rise of Silver Surfer” (2007)

Agreed.

3 Likes

And yet again…

“Rogue One” FTA premiere (Ch 9 program divide at 9:50pm for classification purposes)

Addition from Nine

Full screen advisory

Studio logo (no cap)

Ad break with “Part 2” promo (a full ~3min one with ads this time)

Movie re-commencement; studio logo again and new classification warning

Some nice work by Nine

Scene resumes

1 Like