Movies on TV

You don’t accidentally schedule that your network doesn’t have the rights to.

2 Likes

It actually does happen though.

Both Nine and 10 last year scheduled the 1980s classic “48 Hrs” and “Another 48 Hrs” in the same week on multi-channels.

Nine eventually changed (must’ve got the wrong date for being licenced?)

1 Like

Pretty sure they were both on 10Peach about 6 weeks ago.

Really?

Yeah but I can’t find when it aired.
Edit: I believe the 2 movies aired the second week of January.

“Keeping Up With The Joneses” (2016) FTA premiere, market variated

2 Likes

Disney’s 1973 animated movie Robin Hood aired on 9GO! this evening. It has not been shown on TV for a while. I think it is one of the titles from the famous Disney vault.

1 Like

Dave (1993, Warner Bros) will air on 7flix for the first time this Sunday.
It first aired on Nine on Sunday, 12th November 1995:

2 Likes

following on from above

“Dave” (1993) network premiere on 7flix tonight

This will be the first time this movie has been on another network besides Seven.

FTA premiere.

2 Likes

Entertainment One is part of 21st Century Fox

1 Like

The films are licenced to international TV by 20th Century Fox TV. Source: Seven advanced guide - program code.

Case closed folks.

2 Likes

Incorrect. It is still an independent business and listed on the London Stock Exchange.

1 Like

“See every Indiana Jones movie over two thrilling weeks”.

Returning to Nine for the first time in around 20 years

Renaming movies is rubbish. It should be Raiders of the Lost Ark.

2 Likes

I wonder if Seven scheduled this intentionally? :face_with_monocle: :wink:

1 Like

“T2 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day” (1991) coming to 9Go! next week, provided by Studiocanal. Formerly on Seven in recent years, used to be on 10.

Disney’s “Real Steel” (2011) (albeit again Touchstone) network premiere on 10 Peach next week.

FTA premiere of “Allegiant” (2016) also on 10 Peach next week, provided by 20C Fox. Looks like 10 have definitely made amends, confiming the re-runs of Divergent and Insurgent aren’t errors (very odd that Seven only got 2 runs I believe).

When was Insurgent on Seven?

2 Likes

Sorry you’re right, it was just Divergent

Watched a bit of Temple of Doom on Nine at the moment, noticed there wasn’t any breakbumper when it went to commercial. Very unusual for Nine, since every other movie on their channels use them (are they the only network to still use them?).

1 Like
  1. It is rare, but recently on Nine there have been a number of other movies without them (usually network premieres), also these are new copies provided by Paramount TV (not original masters uncovered from 20 years ago).

2. Yes, 10 still use them for main channel movies.

1 Like