Movies on TV

@Zampakid might have to confirm, but I believe tonight’s “The Santa Clause 3” is the first time the current Disney logo (2006?) has been seen on Nine?

2 Likes

Thanks for that

I think it’s time for Disney to update again, been 12 years now, only tweaked since with removing the “Pictures” and then the "Walt’

Christmas Eve movie “Home Alone 2” (return to Seven after last airing on 10)

Home Alone 3 is also airing on X-Mas Eve, also previously aired on Seven

2 Likes

7flix vs. main channel promo comparison of “Fred Claus”

Ch 7 tonight in Perth, all other markets last week on 7flix

3 Likes

Nine incorrectly promoting Arthur Christmas as a “premiere” [Sony Pics]

(It has aired a number of times on Seven, including a year ago tonight on 7flix).

1 Like

10 Peach will be airing “Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993) tomorrow night.

A network premiere, from their Disney deal, previously on Seven.

Interestingly, even though this was ‘rebranded’ with a Walt Disney Pictures label, it was still originally produced by Touchstone Pictures. Hence, 10 are still yet to actually air a film of the former, which Nine seem to now have struck (e.g.) Santa Clause movies.

1 Like

Love Actually on Seven again tonight. Wasn’t it on a couple of weeks ago? Seems to be a late schedule change as well.
By the way, I reckon they have used the same promo for it for the past two years!

1 Like

Networks, especially Seven and 10, seem to just file away a promo when made and use the same one again (tweaking for channel/date/time), even many years later.

“The Sound of Music”

2 Likes

I believe that’s what is known in the business as an “efficiency”

4 Likes

“For the first time on 7, the uplifting story”

We bought a zoo

Has this ever happened before -
“Fletch”, starring Chevy Chase, is currently on Gem and is half way through the movie, while the same movie started on Nine just minutes ago. (Sydney times).

Talk about a fast turnaround!

3 Likes

Very odd. The guide has House starting after the Hopman Cup at 1.30am EDT everywhere except WA, but the cup finished earlier at 12.30am.

1 Like
5 Likes

“US Marshals” (1998) network premiere on Ch 7 Friday week. Which might mean “The Fugitive” is headed to Seven soon too.

They previously were religious and somewhat iconic features on Nine for past 20+ years

“Possibly the worst action movie of all time”. US Marshals co-star Robert Downey Jr.
http://www.dandychick.com/rdjfilmguide/guide/fg035.php

Yeah, it’s not that good. 'Twas a disappointing sequel. The Fugitive is an all-time classic.

1 Like

First movie from Marvel Studios (and first movie distributed by Disney) to have FTV premiere on Nine. Previously Marvel movies had premiered on Ten (e.g. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger) and Seven (e.g. The Avengers). I feel this will be the first of many Marvel/Disney titles to be shown on Nine in near future.

2 Likes

Didn’t Marvel get bought by Disney, hence Seven ended up getting them a few years back? 10 had the initial premieres under their long running Paramount deal.

So I wonder how Nine gets its hands on a Marvel movie for the first time? Could it be linked to Stan getting streaming rights to Disney/Marvel titles?