Movies on TV

They probably don’t care. It’s cheap local quota content.

Are Kiwi films still counted as local content?

Tonight 11 May 7Flix 8.30pm
Movie: Air Force One

Saturday 19 May - Channel 10 10pm:
Movie: Air Force One

I suppose Ten could promote it as a Network Premiere :wink:

1 Like

It’s almost becoming predictable now.

Which non-Walt Disney Pictures Disney (if that makes sense) title will Ten be airing next?

Sister Act? I’ll put $5 on it. Face/Off? $10.

continuing in appropriate thread

I wonder when another network will poach the Harry Potter films from Nine?

Probably the only major franchise that hasn’t been on another network and probably time for a change. Now that Nine no longer have Warner Bros exclusivity either (Seven are likely, as they have a deal with WB now, though Nine seem to still have a relationship with WB).

Anyway, such an iconic and era defining franchise.

1 Like

Network premieres (both from their Warner Bros deal, previously on Nine), two classics:

•Where Eagles Dare (1969)
•Kelly’s Heroes (1970)

On 7Two tonight during Royal Wedding.

I wonder if Seven have tweaked their strategy? This’ll be first prime-time movie double on 7Two in a long time and 9Gem have established themselves as the ‘classics’ movie channel.

Network premiere “Australia” (2008) on 7flix in a couple of Fridays, under Seven’s new Fox deal.

Previously on Ten.

Continuing from my comment in the 7Two thread about changes to Friday lifestyle line-up:

It is now from this Friday, with the movie “Cast Away” (2000) at 8:30pm. Returned to Seven, after airing on Nine recently (I think Ten premiered it though).

1 Like

Pretty sure it was always on Nine via the WB output?

It’s provided by Paramount.

1 Like

Red State has found its way to FTA on SBS Viceland. Good movie.

Quite a few good movies on FTA tonight for some reason.

1 Like

A rarity for Ten, airing two big movies on Sunday on their multi-channels.

Pretty Woman on Eleven & Tropic Thunder on ONE.

Should bode well for Ten’s shares, with Gordon Ramsay also on MasterChef.

Tropic Thunder seems to always be on very high rotation on Ten. Pretty ordinary movie to have on high rotation unlike the classics they used to have on high rotation in the past.

And back to the edited ‘M’ version I see. They got in trouble with that edited version before so it better be more edited now.

1 Like

Another Disney pick-up from Seven coming to Ten…

“Shanghai Noon” (2000) next week on Eleven.

“The Incredibles 2” theatrically released Thursday week.

Have Seven scheduled “The Incredibles” (2004) over the next week or two? They should! Hardly ever see it on TV and this sequel is longggggggg overdue.

For example, Seven have a Marvel movie marathon happening with “Avengers: Infinity War” and aired “Star Wars: Force Awakens” on Friday for new “Solo” movie.

Continuing in appropriate thread

Well, they have lost the 20C Fox output :wink: Seven now have rights.

Assuming that is one Seven have selected - also assuming other 20C hits like Die Hard, Speed, Avatar and Taken (all formerly Ten faves). Seven have already aired Titanic, Predator, Australia, The Day After Tomorrow, Deadpool, Simpsons Movie, Eddie the Eagle and some others since acquiring Fox TV rights.

Plus shows: HIMYM, Mash, Modern Family, Simpsons (all previously on Ten).

But you said:

The point is Ten can’t steal what they already have.

1 Like

It’s interesting to note how there’s now a disinterest in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Both movies (last week and last night) tanked on Seven, pulling down the channel’s share too.

Yet remember when this was like one of the biggest things a decade ago? Johnny Depp and swashbuckling craze :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Many of my mates were fans, although I never had much interest. Think I rented Dead Mans Chest from Video Ezy (ah, those were the days) but that’s all.

Now all the interest with Disney seems to be in their Marvel movies (which coincidently started around the time Pirates hit its peak). But due credit to franchises like Indiana Jones (biggest movies on TV last year) and something like Jurassic Park (rated for Seven over summer and again last night for Nine), which still are popular. Star Wars has been ‘iffy’ for Seven though, probably multiple timeslot changes didn’t help.

1 Like

I think they over milked the franchise. Two POTC films were enough for me. Indiana and Jurassic Park have a certain nostalgia factor that I don’t think POTC will ever reach.

2 Likes

“Guardians of the Galaxy” (which did not air in Adelaide on 7mate on Sunday due to AFL), will air tonight on 7mate at 7pm.

FTA premiere of “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” has been pushed out one hour later to 9:30pm.