Movies on TV

I also have this (couple of different models). The newer one I have doesn’t have a BluRay player in it though, about the only bad thing about it. Love the partial delete, they’re a great system actually- love the epg, easy to use. Have a few movies stored on mine, mainly kids movies for when I can’t be arsed getting out the DVD (or they want to watch Space Jam AGAIN, which I don’t have for some reason).

3 Likes

Yeah. Saving a recording of a television program to DVD or other storage device for personal use is allowed. However, you can’t keep the recording indefinitely in your own personal library.

Spot on. This is me, though not the same model as yours.

Uh oh, then (and I think Australia’s foremost historical TV video archive/guru Zampakid may also be in trouble there :wink:)

2 Likes

Hmm, it seems that Seven’s version of Harry Potter isn’t the extended version which Nine had always used since they first aired it.

1 Like

I’m sure Warner Bros TV would’ve provided Seven the latest digital HD copy or whatever available to distribute, but perhaps the “extended version” to which you refer wasn’t available for the required means?

NB/ Seven, as per usual with movies, also removed the opening logos/credits…

moved to appropriate thread

@eddel @MBB
It’s weird then how such said situation was never done earlier this year by Disney Australia “Incredibles 2” (one of the biggest films this year over $1.2b and one of most critically praised).

As Seven have Disney TV rights.

As in the original “The Incredibles” from 2004 never ran on any FTA channel and hasn’t done for a few years now.

Which gets back to what I was indicating, unless a network has the film licence/runs (which Seven clearly don’t anymore for that film - they surely would’ve aired it!) then these “sponsorship” deals can’t happen.

Exactly. Because that “Package” may have not been able to have been bought/sold/done for some reason.
There I imagine are potentially a number of factors, legalities and contract reasons why it probably wasn’t acquired. Its also possible that Disney just wanted to sponsor generic kids films across Seven, which I believe I did see when Incredibles 2 was coming out/out in cinemas.
Both parties have to want to create a deal to benefit both sides, just like any daily thing.

2 Likes

Just for clarity, I worded my original reply to MBB wrong.

When I said “I doubt it”, I thought MBB was saying Roadshow were involved in getting the HP films to Seven. Which would be incorrect, as Seven needed to have had the tv rights from Warner Bros (who distribute HP) first, otherwise this whole sponsorship/marketing partnership couldn’t have happened.

And in terms of my reply to @Bort, I thought he was saying not all content acquisitions come from content supply deals, which is incorrect, they of course do from some deal.

@lexington’s comment makes most sense, in that Seven acquisitions/progamming (as I’ve been saying) needed to have had the HP rights in the first place, before any of this could happen.

NB/ Thanks to @littlegezzybear, here is a link to Seven’s presser on the Season of Magic partnership: https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.sevenwestmedia.com.au/assets/pdfs/181004-Season-of-Magic.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj3rZmCgPLdAhXUPXAKHYOyDrMQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3lTxQKRCilxBu_Kcer2vat&cshid=1538835265465

I was never trying to disagree this wasn’t a sponsorship situation, which you couldn’t not see, uneqouvical just looking at last night :+1:

1 Like

Or do you mean Waterworld ruining Kevin Costner’s career?

I thought the film was ok, it was eventually profitable, the show at Universal Studios Hollywood is great, and Costner’s career is going along nicely of late.

1 Like

7mate promo for Die Hard marathon (from their Fox deal) claiming “every film … for the first time ever … over 4 massive weeks” yet I’m 99% positive that Ten did just that, more than once.

And 4 films is not the franchise (unless they’re airing more than 1 per week?) And Only No. 4 onwards hasn’t been on Seven in the past.

Big coming back to the Seven Network this Monday…

3 Likes

Haven’t seen this in many years on FTA, can’t even recall Ten airing it the past decade?

AFAIK, Big was mostly shown on Eleven throughout 2014-16.

Judging by this guide below, this is their first screening of it on Eleven…

2 Likes

75th anniversary opening for Back to the Furture III

6 Likes

Someone make sure @Sully is alright

3 Likes

Shown before Lethal Weapon 4, normal Warner Bros logo plastered over the 75 Years version. Poor Plastering.

Video:

4 Likes

It should have started with the shot of the Warner Bros studios morphing into the Warner Bros logo. Why would it have been changed I wonder, particularly because if it was going to be changed to add the current corporate name, A TimeWarner Company is outdated and now wrong.

1 Like

It would’ve been the latest copy Warner Bros provide to TV networks, they all seem to have that 2000-ish ‘golden waves’ opening from most of the ones that Seven have aired for the first time the past few years.

Whereas Nine’s would all be old copies dating back decades on their servers.

3 Likes

Nah, wouldn’t be on a server, it’d be on a scratched DVD. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lol imagine if tv networks operated like that

Edit

Btw, the copy of Die Hard on 7mate tonight it terrible. Grainy, bleak and old looking as (could it really be the same one they would’ve premiered back in like 1990 or 1991?) Either that or this TV is shot or my eyes need testing. It’s getting a lot of reaction online tonight.