Mocks [by Nicholas]

Nice; maybe the location at the top-left should also use the orange background for breaking news?

Nah that would be overkill IMO.

Looks great!

Yellow seems to be the alternative breaking news colour for news channels like Sky News or CNN in the mid '00s. Would be nice to see a yellow version to compare!

3 Likes

Felt like I was obliged to create a mock for the upcoming bulletin

19 Likes

Nicely done, feels like that is exactly what they’d likely serve up for the new service.

Though I’m hopeful that a some updates coincides with the launch of the late news and any possible refresh to the 5pm editions.

2 Likes

Given this seemingly new-found push for news I think a refresh is definitely likely, although IMO 10 still has the best graphics of the networks.
They’ve held up incredibly well considering they’re almost 5 years old.

4 Likes

Would love to see them move away from the “First” brand for the late news. “10 News First: Late” clashes quite a bit.

2 Likes

When creating the mock, I was thinking about alternative names considering the clash, plus “The Latest” and “Nine News: Late
10 News First: Evenings?
Could work if they plan on running the bulletin at 9.30

“10 News Late” perhaps?

10 News Last :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@MBB I attempted a quick mock where the 9 logo is more readable.

I attempted a thin gradient border but it still didn’t really look right or stand out enough. I think a drop shadow would probably be the best approach.

5 Likes

Agree, drop shadow looks so much better.

2 Likes

I did have an idea that the 9logo is basically an outline. Then the inner of it is styled to the program or event theme.

So the overall base of the brand is there but still allows theming

1 Like

Alright - not happy with the font - will update any mocks once we’ve tracked down what this font is, but here is a quick mock of attempting to fix the supers:

When I have more time I want to hopefully attempt how the supers would look with weather/time/ticker etc. The current time placement at the top left is quite odd.

11 Likes

it’s funny how much cleaner it looks, without the map on the 9News logo, while it is neat for it to be there, it’s ultimately just clutter.

i do like your supers much better - more organised than the real thing.

2 Likes

Closest I’ve found is Avenir.

1 Like