Random Mocks

My Samsung TV (which is only a couple of years old) has overscan which is impossible to disable, so it always cuts off the extreme edges of the picture. Most new TVs will do this - even though it’s all digital 16:9 (and a bit silly being inherited from the old Analogue TV days). There’s nothing that can be done about it, and that’s why presentation packages have to be designed leaving space for 16:9 overscan.

3 Likes

I never bother with safe areas. My mocks are never going to end up on TV so why bother? It just makes then look silly.

2 Likes

It doesn’t make them look silly, they make them appear realistic from a layout/framing POV

5 Likes

Another WIN mock. How about if they do a Prime7 style of branding?

12 Likes

I think there’s a difference between a mock looking realistic and being broadcast safe. Certainly I agree that pushing text right to the edge of the screen doesn’t work but I don’t think it’s necessary to design within a set box when we are just experimenting with ideas.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Mocks [Nicholas]

WIN Ten anyone…

15 Likes

Looks good! Was the logo inspired from my mock?

1 Like

WIN Television - Channel Ten Affiliation mocks:

15 Likes

I could really see WIN pulling stunts like this to try trick viewers:

Of course the programming would be different :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Free to Air FOX Australia TV Mock:

15 Likes

Idea for a Southern Cross pop-up message - pretty basic design, could also be done using something closer to Nine’s presentation

Fading to

Fading to nothing

On 30 June:

9 Likes

Like a countdown?

3 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

If the whole Channel 9 on Channel 5 thing gets too confusing:

27 Likes

How I would like to see WIN promote their change to Ten during programming…

6 Likes

11 Likes

I didn’t realise the change was occurring in 1999.

I don’t understand your comment

6 Likes

The watermark appears to be in a 4:3 safe area.

4 Likes