Mock Studio Designs

Holy Sh!t.

I genuinely think this is the best mock I’ve ever seen.

Wow.

2 Likes

You know why this is so good? It fits in with the entire look and feel of the broadcast. It doesn’t look like it has evolved but truly designed at the same time as the graphics package. It also says Ten to me - fresh and punchy, American-style with logo branding everywhere. It would also suit a breakfast and late news with just adjustment in lighting.

Well done mate.

6 Likes

Reminds me a lot of the CBS Newsroom studio and also very similar to a lot of the European studios, minimalistic and clean lines.

1 Like

@KICK-IT Nine Regional News set

Background imagery would be changed out region to region.

11 Likes

You’ve outdone yourself.

2 Likes

Amazing job- it wouldn’t be that difficult to do either if they just shuffled around the format of the Sydney newsroom and added some screens and panelling. They have an enormous amount of space there and this really makes use of it.

1 Like

7 News 24 mock studio

11 Likes

Nice one. That design is better than the one Seven are actually using right now at Martin Place!

1 Like

It’s so simple yet has incredible versatility. Excellent mock :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I recon this could look nice for ABC and TEN as well

1 Like

Made some adjustments to the studio and made it better fit the design at Martin Place.

7 News

Sunrise

11 Likes

Well done, its better. I see that is inspired by the current 7 News/Sunrise set. But, I think many of us say that Seven should take advantage of their location. Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

1 Like

The solid red reminds me a little of the late 90’s sets (DJ/Anne Fullwood era)

1 Like

Further to my Nine regional news sets,

I made a today show version with a sofa and one with a desk, and some modifications to the news set.

Today Desk set

Sofa Set

Nine Regional News set

11 Likes

your set design concept’s are GREAT. i think the newshub mezzanine look out concept is awesome. is this a hobby of yours? do you see yourself making a career out of this? ur bloody talented .

It’s a hobby at the moment. But if I got the chance to do. It as a job I would.

A strange idea I came up with, would never work in real life but I like the idea.

6 Likes

it’s a good looking set. multiple areas for the presenters to stand, and its versatile, as it can transition into other current affair/news shows provided by mediaworks. have you been in the newshub studio on flower street?

1 Like

I work for Mediaworks at RadioLIVE which is part of the Newshub brand

1 Like

I actually LOVE this set. I’m more of an angular design fan rather than circular, so I guess this appeals to me more. I especially love the high gloss desk.

Just one general query - why do a lot of sets build the desk very close to the background with all that unused foreground? Wouldn’t it be nicer to have the desks away from the background so you get that sense of scope and distance in an extreme closeup of the presenter?

2 Likes