Mock Studio Designs

I really love this ^

Nine News studio 3

Can anyone point out what I may have forgotten.

Thanks

9 Likes

@theGradyConnell What about doing a mock studio for a 7 News National studio in the Martin Place newsroom? I always imagine an open space not closed off with the newsroom as the backdrop/around it. Could even incorporate the big windows facing out to the city.

Great job on all the others by the way :+1:

1 Like

@theGradyConnell Damn you are a PRO!

How about having a crack at the new 9 News Regional sets

One will be built in each BNE, MEL and SYD to service 15 one-hour local newscasts to be for Cairns, Townsville, Canberra, Bendigo, Wollongong etc - plus 10 more cities

The news is being produced by Nine for regional stations and will be done out of Studios in BNE MEL and SYD - so the sets will look decent and pretty good - although not as flashy as the flagship bigger cities. My guess is it will be scaled down simpler smaller Perth set

And they will add local images and skylines behind like 7 QLD does

Could you have a crack!

1 Like

@TFTV I am working on something at the moment.
@KICK-IT another idea I am working through.

Here is how I think the new 10 News Peth studios should be, by looking into the newsroom.

8 Likes

very nice, but way too big for the station… given what Ten are trying to achieve.

Out of curiousity, what is that?

1 Like

Believe it or not the size of the studio is pretty closely matched to what they already have in their new HQ

1 Like

@killy06 hahahah ! love it

@theGradyConnell That looks incredible!!!

Finished off my Ten Perth new studio mock.

Added working newsroom and rectified the printed backdrops

15 Likes

Looks great! Awesome job!

When I do see building backdrops with lights however I instantly think today tonight :confused: ha

2 Likes

Yeah especially if there is a layer of blue over it too haha. Awesome mocks though Grady :+1:

2 Likes

@TFTV Here is my 7 News Martin Place newsroom studio, Unfortunately, I don’t know how the Sydney / Martin Place newsroom look’s so I made my own one.

Multi-Level, normal news set would be on the ground floor with the local news set and Sunrise set the second level would have the newsroom set shown below.

12 Likes

Wow! That looks very good…well done.

7 should have a set like this in their Martin place newsroom for national bulletins. Would look very good, a open set exposing the newsroom as well as the big windows overlooking the city.

2 Likes

Love that and love the Ten design.

The brief look at the ATN newsroom:

3 Likes

Something like this would be great but sadly there just isn’t space for it.

You get a rough overview of the newsroom in the opening shot in this bulletin (just after 30 seconds in) - you can see the balcony overlooking to the studio to the right and to the left there is literally one more row of desks before you hit the windows. There are then a series of balconies overlooking the newsroom which also jut out a bit to the left as well which creates even less space in the main atrium area.

They could definitely do something more open in Melbourne though.

4 Likes

A tour of the newsroom from 2009:

1 Like

CBS This morning long-term recreation, Feedback welcome. also floorplan

1 Like

TEN News Sydney
Thoughts and Feedback Welcome

15 Likes

Wow, what a great job, I love the newsroom vibe. I wish this was legit. To bad set designers aren’t as creative as you

2 Likes