Mock Studio Designs

It’s just the way the studios are designed I guess.

I imagine they want to allow as much room as possible at the front for the cameras to move around.

1 Like

Things always look flatter on TV than they are in real life. The other limiting factor is the size of the plasmas used in the backdrops, the further forward you sit the larger they need to be (and they are already pretty huge, the Seven Melbourne set uses 102" panels which cost an absolute bomb five years ago).

1 Like

Also interested to hear why you think it wouldn’t work in real life?

The studio space would be restricted and this studio space would not easily convert to other shows for other use.

The reason why the Newshub set it round is because it matches the logo where this one doesn’t

2 Likes

Where did you find the Newshub newsroom backdrop?

1 Like

Thankfully I was able to find a copy while trying to design something for the RadioLIVE studios

Here is the start of the Ten Newsroom mock studio. Feedback welcomed as always.

9 Likes

Oh my gosh, did you do the whole Pyrmont building?

I would love to play around with the file once it’s finished :smiley:

I also did a basic mock up of the space as well but it’s nowhere near as good as yours!

I would love to see them do some new cladding and LED lighting on that staircase and make it a feature of the set.

Nearly. It’s mostly just the empty floors marked out so I know what I am dealing with space wise.

I’m sure I can send it on through

I also did a basic mock up of the space as well but it’s nowhere near as good as yours!

I would love to see it, I also have plans for the staircase BBC style. It’s still a while off being finished to the state I want I just love sharing updates with yall

2 Likes

Here is another sneak peek. enjoy :smiley:

16 Likes

Sooooo good, can’t wait to see more.

3 Likes

Love it! would work great for late news! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was to excited to wait… so i made a video of my thoughts on the set and how it would work IMO :smile: :

2 Likes

yeah I should finish it, I keep putting it off because connecting lines to create a shape is seriously triggering me haha.
I’ll endeavour to finish it soon(ish).

1 Like

please upload this to the Sketch Up 3D Warehouse

I chose not to as I and others I know have issues with people stealing our models and saying they are theirs.

If you want the file I am willing to supply them just send me a PM

2 Likes

It took several rebuilds trying to figure out how indigo (thanks @theGradyConnell for convincing me to give it a go!) works but finally a rough first draft (having a wild Saturday nights here as you can tell).

My changes are a bit more structural. The general layout and desk are inspired by CBS but obviously the styling would be quite different. Need to spend some time developing the details but you get the general idea…

Edit - a few changes before I go to bed, these are just quick, low quality renders (and actually looking at the render from before I think I will reverse some of the changes…)

Alternative presenting position on the new first floor balcony (ie updates, particularly during Studio 10 and the afternoon with the blinds open):

7 Likes

Looks amazing great to have another studio mocker / designer on board.

2 Likes