Mock Studio Designs

Updated TVNZ Set with new graphics, Breakfast coming soon

5 Likes

Been Quiet on here with a lot of stuff happening, Quite nice to get back to the good old routine of sketch up mocks.

11 Likes

Looks awesome :clap:t3:

1 Like

I’ve been toying with Sketch Up over the past few weeks. It’s very finicky but real cool. When I make them half decent as yours are, I’ll upload them here :grinning:

1 Like

Awesome stuff @theGradyConnell :+1:

That would look good for ABC News Breakfast.

They’re expecting a new set and studio next year.

2 Likes

I don’t have any fancy rendering software but put together a quick mock of how Nine’s new set in Sydney could look:

Wide open/close shot:

Desk:

Standing area to left:

Sport cross (sport backdrop would be the left side screen):

Weather cross (not really sure what to put along the right side, the screens in the Perth set don’t seem to be used at all…):

7 Likes

You can download indigo render software. Google it. That’s how I render most of my mocks.

Beware those who follow this thread. In a few days I will be doing a mega post of all the renders I was able to find while cleaning out my computer.

1 Like

@eddel Here is a link to the render software I use

http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/

1 Like

CNN Internation set, Inspired by CNN Philipines

CNN Disaster Deck

CNN Weather Center

CNN in Studio H former home of HLN

CNN LA

CNN NY

CNN Tonight

CNN New Day with Newsroom

CNN Hong Kong

3 Likes

France 24

NBC Studio 3C

TV3 NZ

7 Likes

Thanks for the link, I have looked at getting some rendering software in the past but I’m not sure that my laptop would be up to it.

Will think about it though!

1 Like

I used to render on my old MacBook one of these.

Multi-Use ABC Breakfast space

5 Likes

Thinking about a new multipurpose set for Nine in Sydney, how about something like this? The three screens would be on tracks and would move about for different programmes/segments (ie start 6pm in one configuration then move the screens around during a story for a live cross then again for the weather preview then again for sport etc).

Ideally you’d have this in the middle of a big newsroom area but it could work in a studio either using panels between the gaps or green screens to create a virtual newsroom.

8 Likes

Would actually be a great Ten News Sydney concept.

9 Likes

An idea I had for Ten News Sydney

13 Likes

I would probably go with an open backdrop but otherwise very nice. Love all the details with the rigging etc.

3 Likes

Love this design, GradyACN, especially the desk.

I think what I’d like to see in a future Ten News set is something unique, something that other Australian stations aren’t doing. Something that says the Ten brand. News with a slight twist. Refer to my post in another thread regarding their funky mid 2000’s look. It’s look was slick, but it didn’t take itself too seriously. A casual vibe that The Project seems to have taken over from.

3 Likes

Thanks @eddel here is version 2.0

11 Likes