Mock Studio Designs

Also if you don’t mind, can I tweet these to GC2018 and Channel Seven to say that this is what they missed out on, and next time they should look at employing you as a studio designer?? :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

Also… is that a new watermark on Indigo??

Ignore this question. Just downloaded indigo on another laptop. It’s so boring that blue logo, I’ll miss that old one, luckily it’s still on my school laptop, so I won’t be updating it!. Also, I was trying to get Sketchup Make as I deleted it from this laptop, but it doesn’t seem to exist, there only seems to be Sketchup Free, which is online in your web browser, I have messaged Sketchup on twitter.

Just though I would let you know. I currently not sure how to get Indigo renderer to work with the online version, if it does at all

I didn’t want to make the screen too big and loose the view that they have (the studio is based off the tent setup they have at Broadbeach during the games for sunrise.

Tweet away my handle is @gradyacn

If you look for the 2017 version of Google sketch up you should be able to download an old version and use that which still works with indego

1 Like

tweeted away!

I found it, when it takes you to the online thing, I found an App Downloads, and ???low and behold??? it was right there Make 2017

1 Like

I was also playing around with something for Seven’s GC coverage but went with a more lavish (and expensive) temporary studio pavilion with a deck instead of just the tent…these are quick renders and the lighting isn’t great but you get the idea.

Desk -

Hosting positions -

Athlete interview (armchairs or a sofa would probably be better but I already had the stool model) -

Deck area -

(That big screen would be used for a new Brisbane set post-games)

17 Likes

F’ing love this ^

5 Likes

there’s only one way I could think this could be better.

It could be a model that I made, and I am super proud of it, and I am the best designer and maker on Sketchup. LOL.

1 Like

With all this hype about GC2018 studios, thought I would start my own, I’m currently in the business lounge at Sydney airport, but will finish the studio when I arrive in Brisbane, I’ll try to get some good quality photos of venues, (ones that aren’t online) and post them here, if you want to use any in a design.

Anyway here is my studio start.

I went for a surfboard shape desk, keeping with the theme of the games

3 Likes

What I have so far. Forgot to save, had to restart.

Does anyone know if there is a way I could keep the same image but centre it without having to line it up again? Got to the end and now there not enough length, I really don’t feel like scaling the image again on each panel

1 Like

Try going into the material editor and right click on the image thats the material. And click edit then adjust the size in the measurement bit.

thanks! I’ll try that next time, I just ended up cutting off the two of the panels on the left and made them Charcoal.

My work in progress.

Also what window backdrop would you prefer to see? Athlete’s village or the Beach? (Broadbeach?)

Backdrop for gymnastics!

Potential use: commentating booth with corner window.

first quick renders of my GC studio. think this space is finished by way of furnishing, just have to complete lighting and flooring & walling

6 Likes

I liked your setup so much I copied it

11 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks great, really like some of the desks you’ve been coming up with recently.

2 Likes

if anyone is happy to do so, can someone upload a render of their studios overhead lighting setup? I have no idea how to do one, what one looks like, would be good to have some inspiration.

1 Like

ABS-CBN newsroom concept

Studio from a different angle showing newsroom placeholder image (2010 election center)

Apologies for using the 2010 election center - it’s just a placeholder to give you an idea - obviously it would be in the ABS-CBN Newsroom so a Lightwell work is not needed. I am attempting to make a newsroom from scratch. Hope this isn’t a problem.

5 Likes