Mock Schedules

Frankly The Talk isn’t worthy of a place on the main channel. Should be airing on ELEVEN along with Ent Tonight.

1 Like

TEN Sundays 2019

5pm: Ten News at Five
5.30: Sports Tonight
6pm: Ten News at Six
6.30pm: The Sunday Project
7pm: Reality Franchises
8/8.30pm: Sunday Night Rove
9/9.30pm: Sports Tonight

2 Likes

Schedule[edit]

I supposed @Aurora your idea isnt as ridiculous now I look at the schedule for CBS Daytime in the US

10:00 am – 11:00 am Let’s Make a Deal or local programming*
11:00 am – 12:00 pm The Price Is Right
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm The Young and the Restless *
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm The Bold and the Beautiful
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm The Talk
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Let’s Make a Deal or local programming*

I know this idea is probably going to be argued against, but why doesnt Ten try slating game show 5 nights a week at 7:30pm through to 8:30pm and follow it with a reality TV show. Ten already has Blind Date and Game of Games plus if Ten move Pointless to a 1 hour program and screen it once a week (or twice a week if you want to produce one less show) plus with the proposal some other forum members have suggested (The Weakest Link). This could fill out Sunday to Thursday quite easily.

If the rumours of a Sale Of The Century re-boot is true, Ten could screen Sale Of The Century at 6pm weeknights

I know my idea could be cost prohibitive and be a brave move to shift stripped reality back an hour, but Ten need to give itself a point of difference, especially given the fact that no FTA network will dare start its evening viewing before 7pm and The Project rates reasonably well after 7pm considering its competition.

Thoughts on my proposal?

No just NO! Who suggested The Biggest Loser because they should be banned immediately.

2 Likes

Sorry I should of put The Weakest Link, I adjusted it now to reflect that. Other options could be an Australian version of Lets Make A Deal (and possibly The Price Is Right if the rights are available)

Yeah I am not a fan. I don’t think game shows would work every night of the week and would be a huge risk if they were all different game shows. I do not mind the idea of pushing back reality to 8:30, although I am not sure how it would rate.

6pm is the best slot for the game show. It would be very risky to give Nine and Seven a headstart with reality at 7:30pm and then expect viewers to switch off that and come to Ten at 8:30 for more. The game show audience (if it existed at 7.30) would skew older I imagine and may not stick around for the reality offering either.

1 Like

I agree. With that said I would love to see a return of drama at 7:30.

I wonder how reality programs would go if they could tighten the nightly format and screen it at 7pm or 7:30pm to screen for half an hour (with the Sunday or first show of the week for an hour or hour and a half), followed by a different format each night such as game shows, comedy, lifestyle etc and perhaps have these formats screen on no more than 2 nights a week each at 7:30pm or 8pm

Would you say that for every night of the week game shows are best suited to 6pm or just weeknights at 6pm?

Do you think simple Australian’s could keep up with that after having the same show played at 7:30 for the last 10 years? Its hard to keep up just reading it now I could only imagine it being too confusing for viewers too.

Thats why I suggested at 7:30pm as one option of time and followed by something else pre-8:30pm. Ten needs to do something that will attract viewers possibly offer something as a point of difference. Another possibility is tighten the package to ensure it doesnt screen beyond 1 hour per instalment

But is it really wise to fix something that is already working? They often come second in total people and competitive in demos (if not winning). Is it worth risking that for something that might harm a schedule?

I understand what you are saying and accept yes, you may be right. I do feel that if Ten could so something that will please viewers such as screening a program within the parameters of time they are listed to be shown could help their maintain viewership. I think viewers now have an expectation of an early afternoon encore on the main channel that could be potentially harming ratings in prime time

Weeknights. I cannot recall a hugely successful game show format in recent times that has aired after 7.30pm. Seven tried Chase Australia at 7.30 a while ago and it got lower numbers than at 5pm. The Wall started okay but couldn’t hold an audience and lost viewers every episode. The 7.30 slots on Ten Monday-Thursday have been the least problematic in my opinion and I think with scheduling you should address your problem areas first? Ten’s biggest problem is 8.30-10.30 and 6pm.

Totally agree. I wish all networks would screen their programs between the times they list.

Fixed that one up for you because let’s be realistic here, Family Feud struggled towards the end (only did moderately OK at best) and Pointless isn’t exactly getting record high ratings for Ten at 6pm.

1 Like

True. Gone are the good old days of Sale and Tempation. Two and a Half Men ruined that.

1 Like

A quick thought.

With TEN having picked up the rights to the Melbourne Cup Carnival (overrated in my opinion but nevertheless), could they use this as a means to launch a ‘Summer’ schedule off the back of it.

So with the carnival being on the 5th of November next year, they could launch a suite of new programming including stripped reality that week and run it through to 14th December - 6 weeks - which is a Saturday and which also happens to be the end of a full ratings week. Then they can go on a 3 week Christmas / New Year schedule which can include themed specials etc till the 4th of January 2020. From the 5th of January through to 15th February run another reality stripped schedule and finish of summer drama runs. The ‘heavy weights’ or new ratings schedule comments from 16th February.

5th November to 14th December - Come Dine with Me Australia (I would like to see Ten pick this one up)
5th January to 15th February - Bachelor in Paradise (dilute the audience before Married at First Sight)
16th February onward - Reno Swap

1 Like