Mock Schedules

Possibly. I still don’t understand the whole resting over Christmas thing.

This is what I would like to see happen:

Monday November 4th - 24th January (12 Week Run) BIG BROTHER
Sunday 26th January - 6th March (6 Week Run) I’m a Celebrity
Sunday 8th March - 1st May (8 Week Run) Reno Swap
Sunday 4th May - 12th June (6 Week Run) Dancing With The Stars/Bachelor in Paradise

Then Masterchef/Bachelor Franchises/Survivor

Just picking up on discussion from a now locked thread, I don’t understand why we have to follow a US style programming format at breakfast. Why not throw a spanner in the works, and try something a little different.

What about a morning news program with a magazine style focus. One that works through the overnight news, the days papers and stories of interest in general. Somewhat like ‘The Project’ with a straight down the barrel of the camera and engaging via Ten Daily. You would need a high profile engaging anchor to front the show. Modelled somewhat off ‘Kahvalti Haberleri’ out of ATV in Turkey. This can run for 1 ½ hours from 7am.

Here is a snapshot of the set.
37%20PM

52%20PM

Following this, you can run a program similar to Studio 10 with changes. Remove Joe Hildebrand. Replace him with a high profile female anchor like Gretel Killeen. Remove the desk element. Make it a sofa similar to what The Circle had. To the side, have a kitchen setup. This section of the set can be sponsored by Coles / Woolworths / Harris Farm Markets. Whatever. Have a cooking segment integrated into the program on a day to day basis. This can be fronted by a high profile make chef and the chef can also be integrated in light hearted discussions from the sponsored section. This is another revenue generating mechanism. Have more live musical acts / dance act join the program on a day to day basis. Based off ‘4 Kadin Zamani’ out of Kanal D in Turkey.

Here is a snapshot of the set.

1 Like

Possible options for WIN to bring Credlin and The Bolt Report to the evening viewing

Option 1
NSW/VIC/TAS/QLD
Sunday
EITHER OR
WIN One 11
6:00pm Speers On Sunday 6:30pm The Sunday Project 7:00pm The Sunday Project
7:00pm Kenny On Sunday 7:30pm As per current schedule 8:00pm Pointless
7:30pm As per current schedule 8:30pm As per current schedule
Monday to Friday
EITHER OR
WIN One 11
6:00pm WIN News; (NthNSW) Credlin 6:30pm The Project 7:00pm The Project
6:30pm Credlin 7:30pm As per current schedule 8:00pm Pointless
7:00pm The Bolt Report 8:30pm As per current schedule
7:30pm As per current schedule
SA/WA
Sunday
EITHER OR
WIN One 11
6:00pm Speers On Sunday 6:30pm The Sunday Project 7:00pm The Sunday Project
6:30pm Kenny On Sunday 7:30pm As per current schedule 8:00pm Pointless
Monday to Friday
EITHER OR
WIN One 11
6:00pm Credlin 6:30pm The Project 7:00pm The Project
6:30pm The Bolt Report 7:30pm As per current schedule 8:00pm Pointless
Option 2
Monday to Friday
WIN 11
11:30pm WIN All Australian News 11:30pm The Project
12:30am Credlin 12:30am Infomercials
1:30am The Bolt Report 1:30am The Talk
2:30am As per current schedule 2:30am The Late Show
3:30am Late Late Show
4:30am As per current schedule
Option 3
One
NSW/VIC/TAS/QLD
Monday to Friday
5:30pm Bondi Rescue
6:00pm Credlin
7:00pm The Bolt Report
One
SA/WA
Monday to Friday
5:30pm Bondi Rescue
6:00pm Credlin
6:30pm The Bolt Report

An idea for Seven’s calendar next year.

February - May - My House Rules
May - July - Dating shows/All Together Now/Little Big Shots
August - October - MKR
November - December - Instant Hotel

1 Like

House Rules under that proposal would have to compete with Ten’s new Reno Swap.

Likewise the dating shows with Bachelor in Paradise - assuming Ten schedule it as per this year.

Is Reno Swap going to air at the beginning of next year? I haven’t seen any confirmation of that. And from what I can see Reno Swap doesn’t look like a stripped format.

Bachelor in Paradise finished by May last year.

I assume it would be as filming runs through to end of October. Unless they run it during summer.

My assumption is that being 3 rooms a piece, this possibly could be a stripped format - 1 room an evening.

That’s my bad then. Don’t watch the show myself. Only aware that it was to fill a post I’m a Celebrity / pre MasterChef gap.

If that is the case, it could work.

MaasterChef follows on from My Kitchen Rules without a problem. As does The Block from House Rules. Likewise Bachelor in Paradise from Married at First Sight.

No reason why can’t divy the year up between the 3 networks.

Seven cook in Q1 / Ten in Q2 / Nine in Q3.

Ten Reno in Q1 / Seven in Q2 / Nine in Q3

Nine Dating in Q1 / Seven in Q2 / Ten in Q3.

So on so forth.

Yeah just from the descriptions I have read on the show I noticed they are only looking for 2 weeks of filming in October and another 2 weeks of filming in December. It just didn’t seem like a stripped format to me. But I could be wrong.

Nine and Seven will be looking to figuratively keep their foot on Tens head to keep Ten’s head in the under the water - lets face it, no one wants to be the third ranked commercial station

No doubt. The aim of the game is to win in some respect whether it be in key demographics or total people, news and / or at breakfast (aka trash).

Otherwise Seven would not have gone with dating at this time of the year, while Ten have dating at the same time. They thought they could prove the spoiler. It was the case also when Seven launched MKR following the success of MasterChef.

All I am noting is the trend that I am seeing where a particular network is ‘known’ for programming a specific genre if you will at a specific time of year.

I do think Seven are in trouble - the weight of the AFL broadcast deal is starting to seep through.

As is Nine with the Today Show.

Once Ten show Beverley McGarvey the door, they will be in with a good chance especially with the investments they seem to have been making and what looks to be a complete presentation overhaul in the next month or so.

Some Ten ideas.
5:00 - CBS This Morning
6:30 - Ten News: Rush Hour (Bulletin, headlines every 15 minutes).
7:30 - Press Review * (casual review of the big news stories with a host and two journalists - Think Sky UK’s press preview)
8:00 - Sports Today* (Press Review but for sports stories with national and international headlines).
8:30 - Studio 10

5:00 - Ten News FAF (metro)
5:30 - Pointless
(WIN News Opt out)
6:00 - Bring Back 6pm on Ten (no idea what goes here really)
6:30 - The Project
7:00 - Ten Evening News (Metro) *
7:30 - Primetime

*streamed live on Facebook and uploaded in podcast form for commuters.

1 Like

Not sure if this can sustain 30 minutes: remember our print market is a lot more concentrated than the UK’s, so while you might have different local stories you’d have similar headlines for national events - and a smaller pool to choose from

The All New Simpsons.

3 Likes

I’d include online outlets like the Guardian/Buzzfeed/NYT in there as well, maybe starting serious and getting lighter (finish with the NT News).

With only 21 minutes of content to fill that shouldn’t be too difficult. Sky AU can pull out an hour of press reviews every night with just News Corp papers.

Ten needs this late night schedule imo:

9:30 Local News
10:00 Sports Tonight
10:30 Local News
11:00 The Project (rpt)
12:00 Late Show

They also need a bright and bubbly morning news leading into Studio 10.

1 Like

These shows are probably great for Thursday/Saturday night viewing. Maybe a new sport show (not Ninja or Spartan but still competition like) will work well.

Sorry for double posting, but in an ideal world, this is what Seven’s yearly schedule should revolve around (in terms of realities).

Seven
Jan-March: House Rules/Instant Hotel paired with a new drama or a top rating one like the Good Doctor
April-July: A new game show (that doesn’t involve winning money, but something similar to Vs Arashi in Japan) and/or a Sports Competition-style show stripped across 3/4 nights, paired with a family drama (like 800 Words) or sitcom (Modern Family style)
August-October: MKR
November-December: Family shows such as Little Big Shots/Take Me Out/All Together Now etc.

*All year round though there should be a new drama complementing every show. In this way Seven can go back to their roots and surge back into dominance.

My tip / How I would schedule:

I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here - Q1 February / March (personally I would can the program my-self)
Sunday Night Take Away - Q4 - October / November
Dancing with the Stars Grant Denyer & Amanda Keller Q1 - Feb / March (Has to be on a Tuesday but knowing the bozos that run Ten, this won’t be the case).
Celebrity Name Game Grant Denyer Q4 - October / November.

This is one of the only ways you avoid over exposure to the talent fronting the programs.

Ten, 6:00-8:30am Monday
The Monday Morning Eat In Hangover
Julia Morris and Chris Brown review last night’s show through bleary eyes and some hair of the dog.

I think, the fact they are announcing them now, means they will air early next year. I think Dancing will go in March after Celebrity and air alongside Bach in Paradise.

I think Sunday Night Takeaway will air with Masterchef.

Celebrity Name Game will probably air either 6pm Sundays or weeknights 6pm.

Both slated for early next year according to Ten’s press releases today, I’d probably have to agree with you on where they’re likely to be scheduled.