Mock Schedules

I am a big advocate on beginning show at the advertised time. So if it were me I would be pushing for this to occur on Thursday nights. No reason why the Games should run overtime.

Would you consider Saturday night Big Brother specials to be an option?

I wouldnt bother. Too much money for no reward.

Here is my idea for morning TV 7 days a week

Monday To Friday (up until 3pm)
5:00am Inside Edition
5:30am Entertainment Tonight
6:00am The Talk
7:00am Morning Express OR The Morning Project
8:00am Studio 10
11:00am News
11:30am Entertainment Tonight
12:00pm Dr Phil
1:00pm Reality TV Program
2:00pm Young And The Restless

Late Night
12:30am Infomercials
3:30am CBS This Morning

Saturday
5:00am Hillsongs Presents
5:30am Mass For You At Home
6:00am The Home Team
6:30am The Renovation KIng
7:00am RPM (rpt)
10:00am Inside Sport - a magazine style sports program (until midday)

Late Shows
12:30am Infomercials
3:30am CBS This Morning: Saturday Edition

Sunday
6:00am Good Chef Bad Chef
6:30am Everyday Gourmet
7:00am Alive And Cooking
7:30am Australia By Design
11:00am The Weekly Express or The Weekly Project (a review of the weeks breakfast show)

Late Night
12:30am Joel Osteen
1:00am Infomercials
3:00am CBS Sunday Morning
4:10am Face The Nation

daytime 10:00am til midday
Monday To Friday
10:00am Everybody Loves Raymond
10:30am Bold and the Beautiful (rpt)
11:00am Neighbours (rpt)
11:30am Family Feud

Late nights
11:30pm Late Show
12:30am Late Late Show
1:30am Dr Quinn
2:30am Becker
3:00am Raymond
3:30am Infomercials
4:30am Joyce Meyer
5:00am Late Late Show

Saturday
11:30am Family Feud

Late nights
2:00am Raymond
3:00am Frasier
3:30am infomercials
4:00am Joseph Prince
4:30am The Table
5:00am Becker
5:30am Vanguard

Sunday
Late shows
2:00am Raymond
3:00am Frasier
3:30am infomercials
4:00am Joseph Prince
4:30am The Table
5:00am Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ten would need to extend Big Brotherā€™s seasons as long as they possibly can I think, if they want some decent ratings!!!

Can you explain that comment?

I know why you are asking :roll_eyes:

Anyway, itā€™s because we all know how good Big Brother is when done well as Ten does. So judging by Tenā€™s recent ratings, it would be the only reality show they have that could get decent figures and stand a chance against Nine and Sevenā€™s competition. Iā€™m just stating facts here, my Seven favouritism has nothing to do with it?

I am asking because your comment didnā€™t make logical sense. Wouldnā€™t have a long season force it to rate worse? A dragged out season wouldnā€™t do a show any favours would it? That is why I asked.

I would say ten should keep it to the traditional 12-13 week period they always used to do it in.

I think this is slightly misinformed. Masterchef, Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bach in Paradise and Iā€™m a Celebrity have all rated decently. Often winning timeslots in demographics and even total people.

2 Likes

12 Hour Version

6.00am - All Australian News (Exclusive to WIN)
7-8.30am - WIN Kids (Exclusive to WIN)
8.30am - Studio 10
11am - Susie
12.00pm - Dr Phil
1.00pm - The Doctors
2.00pm - Benā€™s Menu
2.30pm - Good Chef Bad Chef
3.00pm - Judge Judy
3.30pm - Alive & Cooking
4.00pm - Entertainment Tonight
4.30pm - Bold And The Beautiful
5.00pm - Ten Eyewitness News
6.00pm - WIN Local News (Exclusive to WIN)
6.30pm - The Project (Personally I would reduce it to 30 minutes).
7.30pm - Primetime
10.30pm - Ten Late News (if revived) or WIN Late News (WIN Late News would be a national news bulletin).
12.00am - WIN Presents (Entertainment filler program)
12.30am - Infomercials / WIN Crawford Productions

Donā€™t know I agree with changing things up this much. So I have broken it down with some thoughts

Not sure that I agree with your format, given a few issues I see:

If Ten did launch a breakfast style show,

1. Would they alter the time (again) for All Australian News or maintain this 6am to 8:30am schedule you propose

2. WIN Kids - going up against Channel 11ā€™s Toasted TV (or whatever the morning version on 11 is -not really wise)

3. if you were going to launch WIN Kids, given that Couch Time on 11 has disappeared, you would look at screening it at say 3:30pm til 5pm on 11.

Any change would need to be news based, probably 7am until Studio 10 start time

prior to 7am, possibly Entertainment Tonight and an encore cooking show

I have no problem with Studio 10 airing at 8am, 8:30am or even 9am. However, why re-launch a program they axed after roughly 12 months on air (june 2007 to June 2008)?

If you were looking at launching a new magazine style program, you would seek out someone younger to host it. Perhaps they could seek out someone like Jessica Rowe and screen it live at 11 (possibly could call it Live at 11) - but definitely not someone older, you need to appeal to younger audiences, which Jess Rowe could do, plus older viewers would recognise her from Ten First At Five News, Today and Studio 10.

My other thought is, they keep changing things on Studio 10, which in turn could be driving viewers away - perhaps they need to adopt the KISS strategy - Keep It Simple Stupid!!!

I wouldnt tinker with 12pm to 2pm (in that it is currently Dr Phil and Australian reality TV encore)

2pm to 3pm, if I was changing anything up here, I consider the only viable option is screening Young And The Restless (to replace current schedule)

The Doctors should stay on One (screening at 1am - possibly move Win AAN encore to 11am on One - after all Cheers is airing at 8am and 11am on One ATM)

The Talk could be moved to One paired with it and screen at 2pm

These changes again i donā€™t agree with - this section of the schedule does Ok up against News and Game Shows. If I was changing the 4pm show (on WIN stations), I would air Family Feud at 4pm.

Win News (i am guessing on regions where WIN News bulletins screen - perhaps Family Feud on non-WIN News bulletin regions)

The Project - cutting it back and replacing it with what??? Perhaps a national affairs show called Geoff Phillips Tonight (only joking)

90 minutes of late news seems a waste to me, not much audience then, maybe 30 minutes of News, The Project encore, an hour drama, encore of light entertainment show and The Late Show, followed by existing schedule.

Donā€™t tinker too much with midnight to 6am as not a lot of folks are watching

Crawfords Classic would easily slip into either 11 or One. As an example

This is what 11 could look like (not entirely convinced this would work)

10:00am Everybody Loves Raymond
10:30am Bold And The Beautiful (encore)
11:00am Neighbours (encore)
11:30am Family Feud (encore)
12:00pm All Australian News
1:00pm Days Of Our Lives
2:00pm Crawfords Classics (maybe start with Carsons Law)
3:00pm Entertainment Tonight
3:30pm WIN Kids
5:00pm resume 11 metropolitan schedule

If CBS donā€™t adopt this Schedule for 11, existing daytime TV that has been dropped could air (starting with the 11am to 2pm programs which could screen at say 2am til 5am weekdays - comedy fillers or infomercials could screen where necessary prior to and straight after.

Again not sure @Media_Guy12ā€™s proposed changes would work and I am not convinced the ideas I have proposed would either - maybe its best to use the KISS approach and not change anything

Hopefully this is the right place for thisā€¦

Tenā€™s news department is in a schamozzle. There is definitely a way to fix it, but it will take time and strategy (as well as offering a Point of Difference).

Hereā€™s what I would do if I was Tenā€™s director of news:

• Insert 10-15mins worth of bite sized news updates (name it Ten Eyewitness Newsbyte) every hour from 12pm until 5pm. Have the local teams do these news updates and make it into some form of mini-bulletins (Have live crosses if thereā€™s breaking developments and have quick packaged reports from reporters throughout the day) which can then be posted onto each local news teamā€™s FB and Twitter pages (heighten their social media presence).

• Move FF to 5pm directly against Hot Seat and The Chase and move Tenā€™s bulletin to 5:30 (because then it would have a headstart compared to Nine and Seven and also allow people who can only reach home by 5:30 or 6 to properly watch Ten News)

• Have a national bulletin airing at 9pm sharp (and before anyone starts firing down the line that Late news doesnā€™t work, if Ten can build good promotion off these news bulletins then it will have a chance) and re-package the reports from the afternoon and evening. It will probably not rate that well (as with everything on Ten) but add that to your evening news figures and the daytime update figures (Ten are No.1 in daytime arenā€™t they) and thereā€™s your ratings that you only had to produce once altogether.

• Weekend: OK hereā€™s a tricky spot. Ten were never good with weekends but there is a cheap way to start. National news will be maintained, but only for the east coast + Adelaide (Perth will receive a local edition of the bulletin presented in Sydney like 2012). Local news windows are inserted into the second block and part of the third block, with two separate sports reports (NRL and AFL) airing alongside national and international sports in the sports block. Weather to remain nationwide.

• In the event of breaking news, Ten will go live in all markets for the latest news updates (at the same time with no time delays).

Sorry for this long post, but this is just some of the things I came up with as a point of difference for Ten as far as news is concerned. Keen to hear what others think.

3 Likes

The only change I would consider to News format I would consider is to change the 5pm News and The Project into a format similar to that used for breakfast television - a national focus with regional opt-out for states and regions to screen local based stories by local presenters. Would it work? perhaps just because its different - is it economically feasible? - probably not.

Why would you pit Family Feud against other game shows? - you might as well move it to 11 or axe it because that would be the net result.

People want options - thats why Ten usually comes third, all 3 copy each other - between 9am and midday and at 7:30pm Sunday to Thursday

2 Likes

A complete transformation for channel 10 in 2019. The following schedule will begin on the 5th of November 2018

Sunday
6:00 Family Feud
6:30 The Project
7:30 Big Brother: Daily
8:30 Big Brother: Eviction
9:30 NCIS or other US Shows

Monday
8:30 Have You Been Paying Attention - Hughesy Repeats in the Summer
9:30 US Shows

Tuesday
8:30 Big Brother: Nominations

Wednesday
8:30 US Shows

Thursday
8:30 Big Brother: Thursday Night Games

Friday
8:30 The Living Room
9:30 Encores

Saturday
6:00 Family Feud
6:30 The Project Saturday Edition - live music event
7:30 All Star Family Feud
8:30 Graham Norton Show
9:30 Encores/Repeats

February 4th - 31st March
Big changes to begin the year with a new reality/game show to launch 7:30. Ten will begin the year later than others with the finale of Big Brother to hopefully take away from seven and nine. More importantly Ten will remove one night of reality programs from their 7:30 timeslot for the entirety of the year
Thank God Youā€™re Here - Competition Style! - This will see challenges Sunday-Wednesday as regular contestants take part in seeing who is the most talent improv performer. One contestant each week will go to the semi finals to be held over 3 weeks and then the final grand final week.

Sunday
6:00 The Weakest Link
New game show hosted by Gretel Kileen
7:30 Thank God Youā€™re Here: The Competition
8:30 Sunday Evening
Chat Show hosted by Tommy Little and Susie Youssef
9:30 Ten Late News

Weeknights

Monday
8:30 Hughesy We Have A Problem

Tuesday
8:30 48 Hours: Australia
Narrated by Waleed Aly

Wednesday
8:30 Australian Drama

Thursday
7:30 Lisa Wilkenson Presentsā€¦
8:30 Gogglebox

Friday
7:30 The Living Room
8:30 This Week Liveā€¦
Hosted by Grant Denyer with special guests. A look back at all things from news, entertainment and sport.

Saturday
7:30 All Star Family Feud
8:30 Wednesday 8:30 Encore

31st March - 4th May - Iā€™m a Celebrity

During this period Lisa Wilkenson Presents will go to 8:30

Sunday
as is before from 6:30-7:30
7:30 Iā€™m a Celebrity
8:30 Sunday Evening
9:30 Late News

weeknights as before - 9:30 late news

Monday
8:30 Hughesy We Have a Problem

Tuesday
8:30 48 Hours Australia

Wednesday
8:30 Australian Drama

Thursday
8:30 Lisa Wilkenson Presentsā€¦

Friday and Saturday identical as above

5th May - 8th June - Bachelor in Paradise
as per Thank God Youā€™re Here - Have You Been Paying Attention replaces Hughesy - Show Me The Movie replaces Gogglebox

Rest of Year
Masterchef - 12 weeks
Bachelor/Bachelorette/Survivor - rest of year.

2 Likes

Not sure about Big Brother over Summer and not sure about dumping Family Feud completely eitherā€¦/

Maybe Family Feud could be on 2 nights a week still

In the Saving Ten thread, I listed a proposed schedule over Summer, which had Family Feud listed between 6pm and 7pm, perhaps The Weakest Link could be tested at 6:30pm and if it worked, move to 6pm weeknights as a replacement for Family Feud. Family Feud (if There were episodes left could move to 7pm weeknights on 11 or One and encore the next day on Ten at 4pm)

2 Likes

Well they need something with a bit of buzz to retain audience share over summer with the loss of T20 cricket. Jamie Oliver, Bondi Rescue and Graham Norton repeats arenā€™t going to cut itā€¦

3 Likes

Understand what you are saying but I wouldnt move The Project. Family Feud is failing and a change is needed. Ive still got all star family feud there.

I just think that 7pm til 8pm for the 8 week period from December to January might help attract more viewers, especially with it getting darker later and some shows going off for Christmas eg Home and Away on Seven

See this suggesting from you i dont like. Why change a timeslot for an 8 week period when you donā€™t need to? Consistency is the best strategy. Swapping and changing a timeslot is not ideal. Sorry. I wouldnā€™t do that.

Love the idea of Weakest Link replacing failing Family Feud.

Big Brother over Christmas is a pipe dream and will never happen.

Lisa Wilkinson presents makes sense.

Iā€™m A Celebrity failed this year and will again next. It needs to be rested or moved to later in the year after Masterchef.

2 Likes

To me, the other option if you kept The Project at 6:30pm would be to launch The Weakest Link at 7:30pm 7 nights a week over those 8 week period and if successful, move it to 6pm 7 nights a week, you need to ensure people knows its there, no point in tucking it away at 6pm straight up, otherwise it will become another Family Feud- lower than ideal ratings in a hard to win timeslot