Saving Ten

It doesn’t have to be 100% sports orientated, but maybe more aimed at a male demographic.

Sunrise and Today seem more focused on the mums of Australia.

With the right hosts and maybe a winter market split it could be a good idea - I’d worry though how well it would transition into Studio 10?

I suppose you could break it up with some Ten News?

5:30-6:00 - Ten News First
6:00-7:30 - Sports-based television breakfast show
7:30-8:30 - Ten News This Morning
8:30-11am - Studio 10

I really like the idea of a sports panel show. I’d still like to see a morning Project.

Ideally it’d be targeted at the Saturday/Sunday morning getting ready for sport crowd, the kind who read the back pages first and want to know the talking points ahead of a few hours stuck on the sidelines.

So that would be male dads (and mums), and kids. But it’d certainly be more Triple M than Hit105.

Plus the advantage of erring on discussion means you’ve got some great early hot takes to throw on social media throughout the day.

Too much. Just do it 6-8am then Studio Ten 8-11am. Then morning news or The Talk again. Sports - I wouldn’t watch but its a big point of difference.

1 Like
  • Alternatively Replace The Talk with Ten Early News and extend Morning Express or Morning Project (whichever you want it called) to 90 minutes starting at 6:30am. The Talk could be relocated to a more viewer friendly time of 2pm on Channel One pairing up with The Doctors

If you were doing a 2 hours a day, sports based show, without having sporting rights to anything much, it would be hard to fill out 2 hours of sports related news without recycling some of it. I guess it might work if you were able to pull some of the sports resources (stories) from regional partner WIN Television, but other than that maybe restrict it to 1 hour.

A possible concept for a new Channel Ten show would be Moving House. A show where people are moving house and get help to de-clutter and move house. Could be produced by the team that produce The Living Room (be like a sister show) and could air at 4pm on Saturdays. Possibly similar to the 2014 The Living Room Clutter Buster Special.

I understand that there is a similar style program on A&E so concept rights may be an issue - but I cannot find an actual format of what happens in this series - other than owners relinquish control to others in the execution of their move.

Also needed is a hard hitting current affairs show (think Four Corners meets 48 Hours) something different to the magazine style 60 Minutes and ACA, perhaps for 8:30pm Wednesdays

A preview of what to expect on CBS All Access later this year:

So why would the Australian market be interested in this?

The bigger question is how it will play along side tenplay, or if they will merge.

Interesting

As a point of difference, it may actually work

1 Like

Family Feud isn’t working, maybe they’re trying to test a replacement?

3 Likes

I wonder if they will try and re-boot The Great TV Game Show

Because it was such a success for them the first time?

Going back to discussions surrounding a potential sports program, there is no reason why Ten couldn’t do this.

7 - 9am Saturday and Sunday. Year round. Call it ‘State of Play’. Winter have big name former League and Football players on the hosting panel. Summer keep on board some of the big name cricket players they had signed for the Big Bash. This will show the codes that the network is indeed serious about sports coverage come rights negotiations time - albeit a long way in the future.

I would also like to see Ten try their hand at breakfast television once again. If they can some how bring Chris Bath onboard, along with perhaps Hamish? They seemed to have good chemistry on during their stint on The Sunday Project together. 6 though to 9am weekdays with Studio Ten running 9am through to 11:30, with Ten Morning News at 11:30. I would love to see Kerri Anne Kennelly potentially replace Ita Buttrose now that she is leaving after what seems like a dummy spat over not being considered for Royal Wedding duties. Pathetic.

I would also like to see them invest in a late afternoon program. 3:30 - 4:30. Afternoons with Jess [Jessica Rowe] and Friends? For those coming home from schools shift etc. Followed by Bold and the Beautiful which holds its own as is.

The Project should move to 5pm. The brand has a lot of clout, just not right to anchor the 6:30 time slot.

Ten Evening News staple moves to 6pm for an hour.

Programs I already suggested in the mock schedules thread should take the 7pm time slot weekdays and weekends respectively.

That is 7 days a week 5pm to 7:30pm covered. So long as it is consistently and well promoted and allowed to bed in and gain traction.

I would also love for Ten to revist RUSH and Sea Patrol (even if a former Nine staple). The latter could pair with NCIS at 9:30.

Good News Week will cover the break the Have You Been Paying Attention takes.

1 Like

Well they are trying Blind Date again which had mediocre success

this sounds like Pointless, if they’re creating a Au Pointless then I am hyped. one thing they need to get down is the banter between hosts - Richard and Alexander’s exchanges are the things (at least for me) that make the show.

2 Likes

10 TV Australia returns!

Did I hear 1989 calling?

2 Likes