Mock Schedules

Mock schedules are not real

8 Likes

If you bother to read my post you would notice it was a suggestion to replace the cricket

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

But you didn’t provide any context as to why Big Brother is there when Ten haven’t had it in like a decade. You just put it in the schedule without any explanation, that’s why I’m surprised to see this :roll_eyes:

Wasn’t that an explanation?

2 Likes

But why Big Brother?

CBS air it over summer in the US. Just a suggestion. It fills up a big chunk of the schedule. Could potentially fill 10 hours a week. Feel free to make your own suggestions.

1 Like

As an alternative, It could take over the 7pm timeslot and cut the weekday edition of The Project back to half an hour (possibly call it The Project:Summer Edition) between 1st week in December (so if it was this year, it would start on December 3) and third week in January (re-launching The Project on the last week of the month, based on next years calendar re-launch on 21 January). Air a half hour daily (G) rated edition at 7pm (for half hour) with a more adult themed show at 8:30pm.

As you said “No reason to put the show that builds the story on at 8:30.”, and frankly, The Living Room won’t rate at 8:30pm

or if they wanted to throw the gauntlet down and keep a 1 hour edition of The Project, maybe air Big Brother 7:30pm til 8pm (or so) and the air what is proposed for 8:30pm in @turdall’s schedule at 8pm, then air Big Brother Adults Only at say 9pm (or so) for 1 hour

The living room will be in repeat mode. So es it really matter.

Again. I dont like yout idea of moving the project and i certainly wouldnt change it over the summer when you need it to build momentum and grow a stable audience.

I think I see what Ten may be trying to do on Monday nights with a comedy block, and it could possibly work.

7:30 MasterChef
8:30 Roseanne
9:00 Man with a Plan
9:30 Have You Been Paying Attention

I would keep it going throughout the year. Ten will no doubt have the Murphy’s Law reboot along with a few other comedies, to be able to fill the 8:30 / 9:00 slots throughout the year. When Have You Been Paying Attention is on hiatus, slot a revival of Good News Week to run through Summer / Autumn. 7:30 stays as reality - we can argue to the cows come home as to which reality shows should be.

I would also like to see Ten try the state based news bulletins starting at 6:30 in the evenings over the summer period. Keep it an hour long. Keep the news at 5, however as a national and more ‘laid back’ presentation style if you will. Host standing. Social media integration. Shift Family Feud to 5:30, and slot the game show I mentioned earlier Generational Divide into the 6 time-slot. Perhaps you can run this 7 nights a week with a different host during the week and a different one on the weekends.

@Turdall I also don’t like the inconsistency here - no Daily Show on Thursday - and Thursday Night Games - wasn’t it always Friday Night Games on original run - are you looking at the fact most of the time ODIs are on Friday nights - BUT wait FTA isnt airing them as it stands. So under you schedule, I would adopt either a Friday Night Games show at 8:30pm (after The Daily Show) and screen The Living Room at either 7:30pm Saturday OR screen The Living Room at 6:30pm Saturday followed by Saturday Night Games at 7:30pm (under this format, you would slate Big Brother content 7 days a week)

i have no doubt this will go down like a lead balloon on here, but … US television goes into Summer mode mid out ‘official’ ratings season. With CBS now owning Ten, perhaps they can spin some of their US shows off into Australian ones and run them in the US same time as in Australia? One token American actor could make the move over with the rest of the cast being Australia. I am certain the government would get behind such investment.

For example:

NCIS: Outpost.
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (yes I get that this was used previously)
RUSH (revived, ALA S.W.A.T.)

There is no chance that would happen.

Sorry there would be a daily show at 7:30 with the games beginning at either 8pm or 8:30.

Make your own mock and we can discuss. Its a bit hard with your rambles to understand what you would do.

So would 9:30pm be the earliest it would finished? (games night)

My variation to your Schedule

Im not a big fab of moving the living room to another night. To me it doesnt make sense. Ambulance etc was already on Friday why move it?

I dont really understand your question.

well switch my Friday 8:30pm offering around with the 6:30pm Saturday - my thought was to give in some promotion away from the competition (eg Better Homes And Gardens) - but respect your input

My question is, if you start Thursday Night Games at 8pm or 8:30pm, will your 9:30pm listed program be the varied depending on the conclusion time of the games (eg a tentative conclusion time)