Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Seven News Melbourne presenter Melina Sarris married her boyfriend Jono Iaquinto at Melbourne’s Royal Botanic Gardens yesterday.

Yes, he has. First headline:

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1111877024245678081?s=19

1 Like

Nine News Sydney:

Seven News Sydney:

Good story on news.com.au. It states that Geoff Harvey first joined Nine in 1961 to work on Bob Rogers’ Tonight Show.

1 Like

He had been touring in recent months with the stage musical Senior Moments and made some television appearances promoting the show.

3 Likes

Very sad news to lose such a strong talent.

1 Like

One week after the passing of Tania Mallet, another actress who featured in James Bond films had died.

Charles Van Doren, the central figure in the TV game show scandal of the 1950s/60s that inspired the movie Quiz Show, has passed away at the age of 93.

My heart sank a little this morning when I saw an ABC News (US) report on a monitor with the sound turned off that featured footage of Van Doren. I mistakenly thought the latest Jeopardy! champion, who smashed the record for single day cash winnings on the show yesterday, had been caught in a cheating scandal. I always get a little suspicious and remember the quiz show scandal when a player comes along and spikes interest in Jeopardy! Relieved to find everything above board. Had thought Van Doren had passed years ago.

1 Like

Quiz Show is a good movie. I’ll have to see if it’s available on one of the streaming services.

1 Like

There will be NO immediate announcement of the birth, with it instead being announced at a later time.

In sad Jeopardy! related news, host Alex Trebek was recently diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer recently. He’s regularly updating fans with his progress, but the prognosis for that cancer discovered at that stage is never good.

Related question, @NewsWeary…are you able to watch Jeopardy! episodes? My go-to was subject to a copyright claim last month.