Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Harry Anderson was 65.

Wife of George Bush Snr, mother of George W Bush.

Veteran Channel Nine sports commentator Darrell Eastlake has died at 75 after a long battle with Alzheimerā€™s diesease and emphysema. He was known for his commentary of State of Origin and F1 and his booming voice (ā€œItā€™s huuuuuuge!ā€).

2 Likes

Classic Darrell Eastlake motor racing call.

I expect Darrell Eastlakeā€™s funeral to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Sorry, I couldnā€™t resist. Loved Darrell. So sad that Alzheimerā€™s got him in the end.

Reminds me of his call during the Melbourne 2006 Games.
"No Muckinā€™ around, No Muckinā€™ Around!ā€™

Itā€™s a boy!

Very sad news for fremantle

Another gone too young.

The cause of death is not being mentioned.

1 Like

I canā€™t speak on behalf of everyone in the music industry, but this man was one of the most respected and hardworking people in electronic music. I, amongst others first heard Seek Bromance (under his Tim Berg project) and felt a pull because of the production, lyrics and vibe. of the song.

He constantly pushed how the thought of Electronic music was in the early days and is truly a founding father of EDM in its current form. Even if within EDM, those people who arenā€™t really into Progressive House, they admire his passion and craftsmanship to his work. Without Avicii (and other big guys back in the early days), the amount of high quality, new music in EDM would not be possible. Some may say, itā€™s only using a computer, but the way he would tinker and make his own sounds crisp and clean is still a hard task to master.

Aviciiā€™s new EP was awesome and I was eagerly awaiting his new singles.

Sadly, he was working on a 3 EP project and had only released the first of 3. I liked his early work too like Seek Bromance and prefer some of the tracks which were not so big hits. I actually didnā€™t like some of the songs which ended up becoming more mainstream and his biggest hits. His newer stuff was different again which I liked too.

Verne Tryoer has sadly passed away at the age of 49.