Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Very sad, so young.

3 Likes

Very sad. Probably hereditary heart disease leading to a heart attack.

1 Like

Wow yes very sad.

The big name deaths just haven’t stopped going into 2023.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Another big loss in the music family.

1 Like
2 Likes

Kanye West has reportedly married Aussie Bianca Censori.

2 Likes

I like how the word ‘marrying’ is in quotations.

1 Like

I guess it’s because they hadn’t officially announced it when the story was written so the journo is being cautious. There have been a few stories published since then that say it is legit.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Erin Molan unsurprisingly missing from 2DayFM breakfast this morning following the news.

2 Likes

Word is that Renee Geyer passed away today although I’m yet to find any articles to confirm.

2 Likes

It is with immense sadness that we announce that Renée Geyer has passed away from complications following hip surgery. While in hospital, it was discovered that Renée also had inoperable lung cancer. She was in no pain and died peacefully amongst family and friends.

Naturally, we are all utterly devastated.

Just last month, RenĂ©e sang to a full house and was looking forward to another busy year ahead doing what she loved most. She lived her life as she performed – to the fullest – and her passing leaves a giant void in the Australian music industry.

Renée was irrepressible, cheeky and loyal and her musical legacy speaks for itself, with her performing and recording career spanning five decades. She was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2005; in 2013 she was the first woman to be inducted into the Music Victoria Hall of Fame; and she received the inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award at the Australian Women in Music Awards in 2018.

Beloved and respected by so many, Renée Geyer was a force of nature and a national treasure.

The world is a duller place for her passing.

We would like to thank the staff at the University Hospital Geelong for their care and consideration, including Neil, Jane and Toni. In lieu of flowers, RenĂ©e would have preferred donations be made to Support Act as a way of giving back to an industry that loved her so much. The Lost Dogs’ Home was another of her favourite charities.

Details of RenĂ©e’s memorial will be forthcoming.

RENÉE GEYER

11 September 1953 – 17 January 2023

5 Likes

I never appreciated her talent when I was younger. As I got older I realised what an amazing, soulful voice she had.

4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Gina Lollobrigida has died aged 95.

1 Like

thank you, yes, we know

1 Like