Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Losing so many stars connected to our childhood memories. So sad.

Bernard Fox, who played Dr Bombay in Bewitched from 1966 to 1972, has died aged 89.

Hollywood actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor has died aged 99 after suffering a heart attack just 2 months shy of her 100th birthday.She had been sick for many years.She is probably best known for having had nine husbands.

Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died aged 68, from a severe infection due to complications with a pre-existing shoulder injury.

Singer George Michael has died at the age of 53.

1 Like

Shocked to hear this. We lost so many big performers this year.

British character actress Liz Smith has died aged 95.She would be best known to Australian viewers from her roles on sitcoms The Vicar of Dibley and The Royle Family

Carrie Fischer, best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the Star Wars franchise, has died, aged 60.

She is one with the Force now.

1 Like

Such sad news. RIP. :worried:

We’ve lost so many in TV and music industry this year.

The bad news of 2016 continues. So sad Carrie Fisher has passed away and that we won’t have Princess Leia in any more Star Wars sequels.

Singer Pink gave birth to her second child, a boy named Jameson Moon, on Boxing Day.

Actress and singer Debbie Reynolds, 84, has died after suffering a suspected stroke, a day after her daughter Carrie Fisher.

A double tragedy for the Fisher family. So so sad.

1 Like

Just devastating. Can’t even comprehend this. So terribly sad. Just feel for the family atm…

:frowning:

Can 2016 please fuck off?

Two more deaths in the showbiz industry to end 2016.
The Beatles’ first manager, Allan Williams, died on December 30 aged 86. He worked with the band from 1960 to 1961, getting them gigs in Britain, and in Hamburg where their future development was shaped.
Then on NYE, William Christopher, best known as the earnest, soft-spoken US Army priest Father Francis Mulcahy in MAS*H, passed away at the age of 84. He was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago.

Singer Janet Jackson has become a mother at the age of 50 her first child a boy named Eissa

I read the first three words and was like “OH LORDY NAH” but was like phew. Good on her!

More power to her! My aunty was 40 when she had her first and only kid. She’s 20 now (her daughter) and she’s 61 this year.

I have no problem with people having people at an older age, especially if they put their careers first (this was in my aunty’s case)

British singer-songwriter Peter Sarstedt has died aged 75 after a six-year battle with progressive supranuclear palsy. He was best known for his 1969 number one hit Where Do You Go to My Lovely.

Michael Chamberlain dies after battle with leukaemia, aged 72