Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Lara Worthington confirms birth of second son with husband Sam Worthington

The Daily Telegraph

Robert Vaughn, who starred in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and The Magnificent Seven, has died at the age of 83.

He was a brilliant actor remember watching him in so many movies and television shows over the years.

Canadian singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen has died at the age of 82.
Best known for writing the song Hallelujah covered by many other artists.

Ten News weather presenter Amanda Jason gave birth to her first child yesterday, a baby boy named Hunter.

TV presenter Laura Csortan gave birth to her first child yesterday, a baby girl named Layla Rose.

AUSTRALIAN actor Russell Kiefel died in Darwin over the weekend after taking ill backstage during a performance of And I’m the Queen of Sheba at Brown’s Mart Theatre.

He was well-known for his role in the film Breaker Morant early in his career, and more recently for his work on Neighbours (as Russell Brennan).

The Daily Telegraph

Actor Peter Sumner has died aged 74. He starred in Spyforce alongside Jack Thompson from 1971 – 1973 and is remembered for playing Bill Hayden in The Dismissal in 1983, and was the only Australian to work on Star Wars in 1977, playing Lieutenant Pol Treidum on the Death Star.

Actress Florence Henderson best known for her role as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch has died aged 82.

Cuba’s former president Fidel Castro has died aged 90.

Ron Glass, who played detective Ron Harris in the long-running cop comedy Barney Miller, has died at age 71 from respiratory failure.

Hawaiian actor Keo Woolford has died aged 49. He appeared in a recurring role as Detective James Chang on the remake of CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, toured as a member of the Hawaiian boy band Brownskin and starred in more than 300 performances as the King of Siam in a stage production of The King & I that made its way to the London Palladium.

702 ABC Sydney reporting that Andrew Sachs has died aged 86. Sachs was best known for playing Manuel on Fawlty Towers.

Ryan Stokes, the managing director and chief executive officer of Seven Group Holdings, has married ‘Queensland shoe heiress’ Claire Campbell at Sydney’s Garden Island.

Alice Drummond, best known for her role of spooked librarian in the original Ghostbusters movie and Monica and Ross’s grandmother in Friends, has died aged 88.

Van Williams, star of 1966 TV show The Green Hornet, has died aged 82 from renal failure.

Ronan Keating and his Australian wife Storm are expecting their first child together (Ronan’s fourth).

Broadcaster, author and journalist Anne Deveson, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s two years ago, has died, aged 86. It came after her daughter, author Georgia Blain, passed away at the weekend from cancer. Very sad.

Alan Thicke, best known for playing Jason Seaver on Growing Pains, has died of a heart attack aged 69.

Man I’m in Shock. I have just finished re watching season one of growing pains and he makes a guest star in season two of Fuller House.

:joy::trolleybus: Rip