MasterChef Australia

Chloe will be holding cooking classes at Ekka in Brisbane next month, according to The Courier-Mail. But when I look up the Ekka website I can’t find any dates.

The final MasterChef / Holden Pop-up Experience of the year will be held in Perth this Friday, ahead of next week’s grand final.

Why are they helping Ben so much? It’s the finals, he should know what to do by now?

How do you know they are not helping everyone? This show like all reality shows is highly edited.

They shouldnt be helping anyone at this point.

1 Like

Like @sav001 mentioned they go around and comment/give advice to everyone. We only see 10-15min snippets of a 1 hour cook across 4 contestants. Just because they show them giving advice to one contestant doesn’t mean that they aren’t doing it to the others.

I do think though that they favoured Ben last night in their judging decisions. They clearly want a male to win this season as Masterchef is generally dominated by females and we’ve only had 3 male winners. Sashi should have won that cook but they don’t want to look like they are favouring him too much and wanted to spread the Ben love so gave it that way. It’s just so obvious. Ben suddenly gets such big praises for such basic dishes. I’ll be annoyed if he’s not the next to go.

4 Likes

Tonight’s service challenge at Icebergs Dining Room and Bar is MasterChef’s first challenge back in Sydney since the show moved to Melbourne in late 2012.

1 Like

Poor picture quality tonight. No way it’s HD.

Really happy that Khanh won the challenge last night as I was getting tired of Sashi winning everything and the Ben favouritism the past week. I would ove to see Khanh or Jess win this season. Although I think it’s bizarre that we have to wait till Sunday for the elimination.

I don’t even notice the difference. It’s a reality show. Is it really that big a deal?

1 Like

Viewers have accused Monty of bullying Sashi during last night’s challenge. Sashi prepared his raviolo way beyond the allocated time of 2.5 hours and by the start of service he was still making the last batch, so when he plated the first batch for service, Monty grilled Sashi for the delay and told the contestant to pass on his apology to diners via the waiters.

On Sunday’s elimination challenge, Sashi, Jess and Ben would each cook a dish for the three judges and four guest chefs: Jock Zonfrillo from Orana, Danielle Alvarez from Fred’s, Lennox Hastie from Firedoor (who was the guest judge and judge in the Dandenong Ranges BBQ challenge) and Ross Lusted from The Bridge Room. It would be Zonfrillo’s first appearance since the ill-fated Restaurant Revolution on Seven in 2015.

Are people for real? Sashi has pretty much received nothing but praise this entire competition. The one week he stuffs up and doesn’t get his dish out to customers on time it’s supposed racism and bullying because he’s called out on it? IMO the people making this an issue are the racist ones to even suggest such a ridiculous thing.

4 Likes

Hear, hear. He wasn’t treated any different to anyone else.

If fresh raspberries aren’t in season for a winter dish, why would turning them into a jelly or purée make them okay?

Because you could easily make either of those things with frozen berries, which would be more accessible year round.

Yes, but she didn’t. She used the fresh raspberries, which would probably make a better jelly/purée than frozen ones.

The point being through, irrespective of whether they were fresh or frozen… that element had to be presented on the dish in a way that could be replicated if fresh ones weren’t available at the time of year. It’s pretty simple when you think about it really…

2 Likes

Loki was absent from tonight’s MasterClass as well as the semi final and the grand final, as he was (at the time of filming) was doing work experience at a top Thai restaurant in Bangkok.
Tomorrow’s semi final will be a special episode, as each of the three remaining contestants had to make a main and a dessert for 60 contestants from the past nine seasons of the show, including some past champions. In those seasons, 210 people got the chance to wear the white apron and participated in a series of challenges to be crowned MasterChef. It would be a massive opportunity for viewers to see some faces who did not appear on TV for many years. Ten should have done a “Where are they now?” special for these 60 past contestants.

1 Like

Where is all the outrage at the way Matt Preston was speaking to Sashi last night. He was doing the same as the Icebergs chef, pushing him to hurry up and finish on time, and again the other contestants weren’t pushed like he was.

1 Like