MasterChef Australia

Well I thought it was such a shame for Jess to go last night. She is so much more creative than someone like Ben and I’m not sure how he is still there (given he has been in a record number of eliminations). I’m starting to feel like he is now a shoe in for the finale as the underdog who does that very Aussie homely wintery style cooking that the judges seem to love (like previous winners Julie, Emma and Elena). At this point I only really want Khanh to win although I won’t be disappointed if Sashi does as he would be very deserving.

Was he the only one missing? I didn’t count them bit it seemed like a couple less than the entire top 24. It also reminded me how much this season was dominated by females, so it’s pretty crazy that the final 3 ended up all being men.

1 Like

There are apparently people on Facebook that know who wins. If they are right it will be a Ben vs Sashi final with Ben the winner. If true he will be one of the worst least versatile winners ever.

I saw a comment along those lines as well but it was the other way around, Sashi winning and Ben second. I guess two endings were probably filmed if they are right but I still don’t know where they are pulling this from. I can’t find anything to support this online. I really really hope that Khanh makes the finale. He is the most modern and creative cook of the 3.

2 Likes

I like Khanh the best as well, but last night, in front of four top chefs, Ben was the clear winner. Jess’s dessert and Sashi’s chicken were probably a couple of the worst dished either has prepared so far. Sashi was lucky that Jess wasn’t up to par as well or he’d be gone.

1 Like

Here are the 60 contestants from the past nine seasons of MasterChef who returned for lunch during the semi final filmed two months ago. Can you recognise all of them?

2014 runner up Laura Cassai (second row, third from left in the first photo) also posted this pic earlier this afternoon, posing with Sashi and past contestants from South Australia.

Another group photo from former contestant Eloise Praino:

And from Mimi Baines:

The thought of watching that many series’ back to back :flushed:

1 Like

“This sauce is like adding Vegemite to buttered toast”. Shouldn’t have bothered cooking, just served up Vegemite on toast.

1 Like

The comment that I read said that the best cook this season doesn’t win. Clearly referring to Ben.

Last night was the first time Khanh cracked under pressure. First he burnt the fish then his chocolate turned out to be a bit too heavy. He was a warm favourite to win so it was disappointing to see him eliminated like that.

1 Like

Ben probably has a better chance in the finale as he’s done so many pressure tests. It usually comes down to the final one and they are usually desserts, which are not Sashi’s strong point. Plus like I mentioned the judges often favour that Australian homestyle cook which represents a lot of our previous winners.

Yes that was really disappointing. He just had a bad day in the kitchen as he did really well in previous service challenges.

It annoys me how they jump up and down over someone like Ben making a Pavlova. Woopdidoo it was presented in a slightly different way. It was still just pavlova. Nothing groundbreaking.

3 Likes

I love pavlova.

1 Like

I watched last nights episode after taking a break from watching the show,and was surprised to see 3 guys remaining in the competition .That hasn’t happened for a long time,Surprised to see Ben is still there ,he got through most challenges recently by the skin of his teeth.

Scheduled to end at 9:55pm tonight.

1 Like

Having Christopher Pyne as guest host on The Project is not a very good lead into the show.

It’s gonna have some competition tonight with the Ninja Warrior finale up against it, will still win its timeslot but I imagine a chunk of viewers less than usual.

1 Like

If you’re right then it’s a spoiler. Why post it here in plain text?

Ben made much of crispy skin on the fish, but it wasn’t there. The judges raved about the dish even though it had no crispy element, something they would ordinarily criticize. The favouritism is starting to remind me of Andy in S4.

9.55pm? They could’ve easily cut the episodes up to get another one so they didn’t have to run dead last Thursday with an Attenborough special.

Grand final night :scream: Good luck to Sashi and Ben!

Tonight goes until 9:55pm (if not later) according to EPG. But guides had it finishing at 9:30pm, 25min+ incorrect!?

1 Like

For tonight’s grand final, the producers had combined the first two rounds into one, and asked Sashi and Ben to cook starter AND main within the first 90 minutes, and that starter to be served to the judges as soon as possible. Did the producers borrow the idea from the recent season of My Kitchen Rules?

1 Like

SO. MANY. THINGS. TO. SAY.

but will wait til it’s finsihed airing.

It’s not a spoiler because it’s not known for sure if he wins as they filmed 2 endings.