MasterChef Australia

I’m surprised that Prince Charles actually spoke to the contestants in last nights episode .It must have been hard for them having to cook that day when it was very hot and humid.That episode must have been taped about late February/early March?His Royal Highness didn’t taste any of the canapés,or maybe he did off camera.

Last night’s episode was taped on April 9 during Prince Charles’ Australian tour. It was part of his two-day tour of NT, in which he also visited Gove and Darwin. His private office tweeted this photo from that day:
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/983453929257218048

1 Like

That’s right ,he was over here to open the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in April .Forgot about that🙂

Was a great episode. Excellent access to the Prince and Camilla.

Surely Ben, Chloe and Jess hold some record for most put in elimination rounds and and then scraping by?

1 Like

Spectacular episode tonight, contestants cooking at Nitmiluk National Park at Katherine Gorge. Very clever also to have the tasting onboard a river cruise boat.
Some more details about next week’s Superpower Week were revealed during the promo at the end of tonight’s episode. Matt revealed that by the end of Sunday’s episode, one contestant would have the superpower while the other seven contestants would face a “monster week of elimination” including a pressure test set by Peter Gilmore.

1 Like

So in effect a “monster week of eliminations” this week only means one contestant would be eliminated this week? Who are the producers fooling? At least the eight remaining contestants would be kept on their toes knowing any bad cook could see one of them going home.
Anyway, that means there are four weeks to go in this season starting tonight. Ten’s programmers will be hoping that the show will be able to finish AFTER Australian Ninja Warrior, thus no repeat of last year’s MC grand final being outrated by Ninja.

1 Like

It won’t finish after. Ninja will go for 6 weeks this year.

If not, Ten should air it on a Wednesday or Thursday. Gone are the days when finales need to be on Sundays or even Mondays.

I really enjoyed the Prince Charles episode of Masterchef. I was actually expecting Charles to get very little airtime and to just see some background shots of him at the event, but for him to spend a considerable amount of time chatting to the judges and contestants I found really touching. I’m not sure he really tried any of their food though haha.

I’ve missed a fair bit the last 3 weeks being overseas, but coming back I was quite surprised to see that Hoda and Sarah had both gone. They were my two faves. I’m also surprised that contestants like them have left over the likes of Jess and Ben (and even Chloe who is very hit and miss).

At this stage I would say that Sashi is probably the front runner to win but my personal favourite is Samira. She is definitely the quiet achiever but I get the feeling they will want a male to win this season given we’ve had so many more female winners.

1 Like

In recreating a ‘beef & 3 veg’ TV dinner, Chloe wins with a Thai beef salad :roll_eyes:

Getting worse each episode.

They only had to use all the ingredients in the dish, which she did.

… loosely.

Last night Chloe literally put some tiny cut out pieces of beetroot on the plate with a bit of cream and got through to the next round? What a joke. I know Samira’s anchovies and blue cheese supposedly didn’t go together, but she showed a whole lot more technique in that dish than Chloe did.

I actually don’t get how Chloe is still there. She’s always up for elimination and seems to be making a lot of salads.

As for tonight’s super power I don’t think Chloe deserves it but I’m also sick of Sashi winning everything.

3 Likes

What a surprise said winner can opt out of being tasted or not, that’s really handy for them.

And that is the 10th anniversary superpower? It’s worse than an immunity pin.

1 Like

It’s better than an immunity pin because you get to use if after you have cooked, so there is no need to waste the power in a challenge if you think you did a good job.

4 Likes

Well the super power was a little underwhelming. I was expecting the winner to be fast tracked to finals week or something. It seems like Sunday night’s challenge is exactly that but I think this winner should have given they cooked 4 times this week when others only did once or twice.

I don’t understand how it is worse than an immunity pin? In this case you would only play it when you have cooked badly as opposed to playing it before you even know what a challenge is going to be. It’s basically like an Immunity Idol in survivor that can be played after the votes are read out. It’s definitely better than standard immunity.

1 Like

It was literally handed to Chloe, she now escapes the dreaded snow eggs challenge.

1 Like

Peter Gilmore will also be involved in tonight’s MasterClass with the three judges, held at Dream Factory in Footscray in Melbourne’s inner west.