MasterChef Australia

This was more like the Gordon Ramsay I was expecting to see.He really pushed both teams hard,dropped a few F bombs and throwing food on the floor if it wasn’t any good.I hope they do get him to come back again next season.Great episode tonight,I liked when he told Chloe their (the blue team’s)salmon was so raw it was still swimming in the ocean

1 Like

Great episode once again tonight. Gordon did mention that he’d like to come back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gordon also mentioned at the end of the team challenge that it was his final day. He only spent three days (January 23-25) filming this week’s challenges, so my assumption yesterday that two challenges were filmed in one day was correct. Day 1 was mystery box and invention test, day 2 was pressure test and immunity challenge and day 3 was team challenge. The contestants must be exhausted having to cook three days in a row. With Friday January 26 a national holiday, that means tomorrow’s elimination would have been filmed at the start of the following week.

EDIT: not surprised the blue team lost the team challenge. It was disorganised at the start and fell behind quickly during prep time. The time lag between blue team and red team was evident at service time, when red team began to serve dessert just as blue team was finishing serving the salmon main.

1 Like

75 min cooking challenges - I wouldn’t say is exhausting.

I’m exhausted after cooking for 30 minutes.

Contestants also had to do narration while the kitchen was being cleaned up.

2 Likes

Guess what, Heston is back in Melbourne this week to set the pressure test for the two grand finalists according to today’s Herald Sun. Eight weeks ago 9 contestants were in Darwin making canapes for the visiting Prince Charles and other guests. It took ages to eliminate seven of them!

1 Like

Well obviously it’s when they could get them. Gordon was in Australia for many more commitments than just Masterchef. They were able to grab him for 3 days of filming whilst he was here but he made other appearances. Probably a similar case with Nigella, it’s around the same timing that she was down last year so probably the only time they could get her.

There’s a good chance they took a bit of a production break before filming the finale.

The SA week will be shown in June. And Gary had been signed on for a new 12-month partnership with South Australian Tourism Commission to promote the state to other parts of Australia.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/sa-business-journal/masterchefs-gary-mehigan-to-spruik-state-for-sa-tourism-commission-campaign/news-story/6c93f3e646b1bedf65f223d05b133c97

2 Likes

I was sad to see Gordon Ramsay not sticking around for the Thursday elimination, which also means no MasterClass (fail on Ten’s behalf, biggest star in 10 years, boosted key demos to big big numbers and can’t even keep him for a night they’ll dominate).

Was this known? Calling Mr Inside MasterChef @JohnsonTV

A fantastic ep however, lots of pressure and intense, Ramsay in his element. Can’t wait to see what the big ‘surprise’ is!

He was here for the Australian Open so Ten had to film around that and obviously they could only get him for three days.

4 Likes

These kind of comments honestly really irk me.

If Gordon wanted to do it, was available and the money was decent then I’m sure he would have done it but he obviously had other commitments and that’s all the time he could give them regardless.

Sure they might’ve liked him for a whole week like Nigella but in this instance, some Gordon Ramsay is better than none.

1 Like

Sorry Killy that I irked you

I hope Ten’s promo for tonight’s MasterChef episode didn’t give away the outcome!? @JohnsonTV

I hope not.

Tonight’s guest chef was Matt Abe, an Aussie handpicked by Gordon Ramsay to run his three Michelin star restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, in London.

1 Like

So yep, I’m tipping Loki is going home. Darn it. Shouldn’t take a risk with an immunity pin. Bloody Ten, just for extra ratings

How does Loki not playing his immunity pin tonight have anythung to do with production and thus as you claim, Ten’s pursuit of ratings?

He seemed genuine in the fact that he wanted to cook tonight, provinh a point to his son & not running away from a challenge as he said.

Strange comment to say the least.

2 Likes

What a drag it is watching 9 tastings of the same dish.

1 Like

Sully meant that Ten advertised tonight’s episode as ’ Will Loki be the first contestant in Masterchef history to go home with an immunity pin in his pocket?’.

Read a few comments up. I was talking about tonight’s promos. Gave away the outcome. I was proven absolutely correct. Disappointing

2 Likes