MasterChef Australia

I didn’t notice that in Melbourne.

I saw the episode in Melbourne and noticed the solid Body Hack watermark obscuring the captioned title of each dish. Without closed captioning I would not have been able to see the full title.

Reece, Ben (who claimed burgers are his forte), Samira, Michelle and Brendan did the narrating during the invention test, so I expected them to cooked very well or very badly. Chloe only spoke to the camera once. During tasting, the judges said the chicken in Chloe’s burger was crunchy and tasty, but the curry sauce made the burger soggy, so I thought she would just make it through.
Brendan ended up in the middle bunch but Chloe finished in the bottom three.

1 Like

I don’t want to give away spoilers but didn’t Gordan rush through this week? Maybe they didn’t have time to get her to narrate the invention test because she gets eliminated.

It would be odd if Chloe did not narrate her cooking in the invention test but the pressure test.

Just might have been a time factor because the week was filmed a lot quicker.

I wouldn’t read too much into it.

I’m wondering what other guests are lined up for this season?

We’ve now had Nigella and Gordon… i quite like the guest chef weeks and hope there is another further into the season… I can’t remember all that guests in previous seasons.

1 Like

Heston usually shows up at some point.

1 Like

Finals

Fantastic epsiode with contestants having to keep to Gordon Ramsay’s pace! So interesting too

2 Likes

This was the first episode I’ve watched this season and it was certainly worth the watch. Loved it!

2 Likes

Many on social media said how good it was or perhaps even like yourself, first time or return after not watching for years or just a Gordon Ramsay fan.

Next two nights, tense kitchen challenges, will be the best I reckon. Ramsay’s true colours :disappointed_relieved::triumph::cold_sweat:

2 Likes

Agree I tuned in for the second time this season and loved it. The less of Gary, George & Matt the better tbh.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sashi, Samira and Reece had to compete three young chefs tonight: Jo Barrett from Oakridge in the Yarra Valley, San Pellegrino Young Chef 2018 Pacific Region winner John Rivera, and Gavin Hughes, head chef of the Byron at Byron resort. Hughes and Gordon Ramsay hail from the same Scottish town: Johnstone.

1 Like

THE EDITORS PUT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING WILHELM SCREAM WHEN THE CHALLENGE ENDED. I’M DEAD

me rn

3 Likes

I remember the 11/10. Have they only done it once (that looks like 2010)?

yeah it was for the little cobber version.

1 Like

Great episode tonight. Gordon Ramsay throwing a pack of prunes towards the entrance of MC kitchen was so funny (he saw the prunes on Jo Barrett’s bench and reminded her she had to cook with vegetables, not fruits, as main ingredients).
It’s the first time since week 5 of season 8 (Chloe Bowles and Matt Sinclair) that two contestants won immunity pins in the same challenge.
Given Gordon’s limited stay in Melbourne during the second week of Australian Open tennis (Herald Sun reported at that time he filmed three days of challenges in a row, as January 26 is Australia Day holiday), I wonder if two challenges were filmed on the same day - pressure test in the morning and immunity challenge in the afternoon? Because when the judges gave the scores in the immunity challenge it was dark outside.

I’d say so, judges used the wording about it being morning on Mondays episode and then last night Gordon said something referencing ‘tonight’.

Hopefully Gordon is back in 2019, he seems keen!

4 Likes