MasterChef Australia

But the promo did not give away the outcome it just showed that he was in danger of going home. The fact that he could have (was) the first person to go home with the immunity pin was promo worthy.

1 Like

Loki was brave not to use his immunity pin, but could not have imagined he struggled during cooking like Sarah and Chloe.

1 Like

No, revised promos, during ad breaks of The Project and Neighbours.

Showed (what was the final scene) with Gary saying “first time ever in the history of MasterChef” and focussing solely on Loki struggling.

Blatantly obvious he’d be the one, purely done to suck in extra viewers, but spoilt the tension and surprise of who would be eliminated.

This… is how promos work.

5 Likes

Loki did’nt regret not using his Immunity Pin but he Should’ve Known Better to use it.

I hope they don’t bring back eliminated contestants this season because Loki deserves to stay out for not playing his pin. Stupid decision. If it’s a cook where you can back your own skills to make something that you are confident then sure don’t play the pin, however in a pressure test when you have to replicate someone elses dish I don’t know why you wouldn’t play it. There is so much unknown.

4 Likes

Is the elimination always a pressure test?

He (Loki)should have used his immunity pin,bad decision .Its meant to be used to avoid leaving the competition earlier than necessary

Not always. Last Thursday during Nigella week, contestants had a taste test then those who had the lowest number of correct guesses had to cook using those ingredients.

I was not interested in this years show but when they have these theme weeks with different chefs it got me in.

I feel like Loki wouldn’t have lasted much longer anyway as he was always doing Indian dishes every challenge and a Masterchef is suppose to be versatile.

But I do have an issue with this years immunity pin “blind” taste test challenges.

It’s not exactly a blind taste taste when you have contestants who will go up against another chef but still cook Indian or Lebanese or a dessert out of vegetables. The judges would know exactly whose dish that was and score accordingly.

No, it was a poor episode. If there’s going to be three pins up for grabs they need better pro chefs than that lot. Two of them were hopeless. One of them didn’t even meet the brief. Sashi did not deserve a pin for that very ordinary dish.

Yes, but when there are eight other contestants there’s a pretty good chance you’ll survive and still have your pin. Your chance of still being there in 4 or 5 weeks is probably better by taking the 8/9 chance and saving the pin for a Monday when you’re one of only three.

Usually the Monday elimination is a pressure test and the Thursday is something different. Last week was a one of pressure test on a Thursday.

The closed captions are not working in Melbourne during the first segment of tonight’s immunity challenge.
The winner of the first round will face Jacqui Challinor, head chef of Sydney restaurant Nomad.

The closed captions are back to normal for tonight’s episode.
In case you are wondering, the contestants gathered at helipads at Flemington Racecourse near the start of the straight for the team challenge. Tonight’s guest chefs are Robin Wickens and Dave Sutherland from the Wickham restaurant at the Royal Mail Hotel in Dunkeld. Just hope those contestants who remained in Melbourne used their time wisely.

1 Like
2 Likes

It is very unusual that on the first day of SA week, the contestants did not start cooking until after 5pm. Usually they had an early start.
2009 runner up Poh Ling Yeow and 2010 runner up Callum Hahn will demonstrate cooking on the MasterClass this Thursday.

1 Like

Should provide a good bump to the Adelaide audience!

Next season they should have a Qld week and have an outdoor cook (Mystery Box and Invention Test)
in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. I would make sure I was there to watch.Enjoyed watching last nights episode from Adelaide,I remember Victoria Square from when I was there in 2015, I caught the tram to Glenelg Beach from there.

What should SA week or Thursday’s masterclass? If its the masterclass I doubt it considering Port Adelaide are playing Thursday night football.

Yeah they could help improve the food in the Gold Coast. Seriously, the worst food I have eaten all belongs on the Gold Coast.

1 Like