MasterChef Australia

Damn straight :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Reportedly costs Ten (CBS) $50m a season for Endemol Shine to produce (though that does sound ridiculous)

Seems quite cheap for the number of hours it churns out?

5 Likes

Well now CBS is on board probably a drop in the ocean

I’m surprised the whole season comes in at $50m? Thought it would be higher

1 Like

Mediaweek reports that the 10th season will be shown across South East Asia on cable channel Lifetime on weeknights from June 18. It will be the first overseas region to air the current season (Star World India stopped fasttracking the show in 2017).

1 Like

I’m certain that would just be the licensing fee.

Yeah I have heard its a lot higher than that. I believe that is the licencing fee. It wouldn’t include salaries for the judges and a huge amount of other costs. I remember reading something 3 years back it cost close to 1 mill per episode all up.

When the contestants are filmed at their house it looks like there’s 2 or 3 of them sharing a bedroom,how many bedrooms does their house have exactly?I’ve spotted a few Brisbane buses with ads for Masterchef with the slogan,”A Season Full of Surprises “

Bedroom surprises?

Sounds more like Big Brother tbh.

1 Like

I think Gordon Ramsay week will be fantastic, a lot of hype and anticipation, the promo I just heard on 3AW radio sounded great too.

But I am surprised to see two of the biggest weeks/stars (Nigella and Ramsay) back to back, expected at least one of them to be later in the season.

A shame too Marco couldn’t be there for the 10th season (the Matt Preston falling out).

4 Likes

I thought the same thing with the ‘back to back’ weeks. Perhaps it means much much more still to come!

1 Like

Lots of promotions for Gordon Ramsay week across radio, print & OOH , including this double digital ad on news.com.au this morning:

3 Likes

So many (hold on need to go to a commercial) ads. I swear this show has more ads than any other.

1 Like

I’ve been watching tonight’s epsiode, flicking back and forth between Love Island and the so bad its so good classic Tropic Thunder during ads.

Got to say, Gordon has been a fantastic presence, certainly the contestants were raving. But Ramsay seems a lot more tame tonight, he’s let off some (beeped) f bombs, but no in your face, top decibel yelling and non stop f and c words beeped.

So I get the feeling his forté will be the Wednesday team challenge :drooling_face: Good Lord help them!

2 Likes

To be fair, tonight’s challenges didn’t really warrant full Gordon. It’ll come.

3 Likes

The pressure test tomorrow night should be exciting,the 3 contestants cooking will have to keep up with Gordon Ramsay, expect to hear him yelling at them and dropping a few more F bombs

1 Like

Since the show began in 2009 that was an unwritten rule that contestants asked to narrate their cooking in the invention test either did very well or very badly in the challenge. Looks like the rule was broken in tonight’s challenge. In the burger invention test, Chloe made a chicken curry burger with chips. She was interviewed once during cooking time and was briefly seen during the tasting montage, but (to my surprise) was named in the bottom three because her curry sauce was soggy and she used the wrong potato for her chips.

1 Like

I don’t understand. So how was the “rule” broken if the contestant was asked to comment on her cooking and came in the bottom 3. I’d say that falls in the “very badly” category? What did I miss?

1 Like

Tonight’s episode was ruined by the oversized full colour Body Hack promo that remained on-screen throughout the episode, obscuring the captioned title of each dish when shown in profile. Just amateur hour stuff from Ten.

2 Likes