MasterChef Australia

Big Brother winner announced 2004 2,860,000

And what was Masterchef’s over 3 million? Or am I off?

MC in 2010 winner announced 4,030,000

Edit: Not sure that “winner’s announcements” weren’t around for all of the Big Brother years on 10.

3 Likes

Am I right in saying that season 2 and season 1 are the two highest rating entertainment shows since OzTam commenced?

The highest rated non-winner / non-final episode of MC had 2.51 million.

Highest BB episode was a final eviction in 2002 with 2,301,461.

Some 2002 numbers for BB:
BIG BROTHER FINAL EVICTION 2,301,461
CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER FOR CHARITY OPENING NIGHT 2,249,851
BIG BROTHER DAY ONE 2,045,851
BIG BROTHER HOUSEMATES - WHO WILL THEY BE? 1,953,547

2 Likes

To be fair, that was 7 day consolidated wasn’t it?

Whereas (for comparison) the 2005 Aus Open final and 2003 Rugby World Cup final (both on Seven) had over 4m in overnight?

Was that in 2010, when nearly every epsiode in the final month was close to or above 2m?

2009/2010 is when the show completely owned the labdscape.

I don’t think they had 7 day consolidated then did they?

1 Like

They did, consolidated started in 2010, in fact I think it started in that month or only a couple before it?

(IIRC overnight for 2010 MC winner was actually 3.9m something?)

1 Like

Didn’t realise. Well if current trend is anything to go by I am sure both the Rugby Final and Australian Open wouldn’t have seen too much an increase.

1 Like

MasterChef promoted on LED billboard at the corner of Elizabeth and Flinders Streets in Melbourne city today.

2 Likes

Twenty and a half hours to go!

I’m just a bit excited :hugs:

A great first audition episode, how good is it having the former winners there to chat to them.

Social media’s gone off too!

2 Likes

The latest issue of Who magazine has a feature on staff who work behind the scenes of the show. There is a guy who waters the driveway outside the MC kitchen before each episode (he says the driveway looks better if it is dark and wet when the cars carrying contestants come in). There is another guy who spends 10 hours to wash all the dishes and utensils after each cooking challenge.

2 Likes

I still like the show, don’t get me wrong. I just find the judges unlikeable. They went from extremely likeable to unlikeable in my opinion. I find some arogance comes across.

1 Like

for decades we’ve been trying to get people to stop hosing down driveways and footpaths because it’s a stupid waste of water. But if it looks good on camera well don’t worry about it… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Real estate agents do it too. Drives me mad seeing it.

2 Likes

New MC sponsors Holden and A2 used tonight’s season opener to launch their new ads. The Holden ad promoting the Equinox SUV features season 7 contestant Sara Oteri (who married her boyfriend Damian in late March) and chef Adam D’Sylva. Sara was one of many former contestants who were at the season launch last week.
It was also revealed that contestants would have a cooking challenge at the Jacob’s Creek winery at the Barossa Valley during the show’s South Australia Week, as part of the wine label’s sponsorship.

1 Like

Soemtimes I think any of that works in the show’s favour though.

And tonight when they tricked the audience, by making it seem as though they didn’t like the dish, but actually did. Love and hate it!

1 Like

Yeah maybe. I think what worked well in the first few seasons though was the fact the judges were so likeable. I think a permanent female judge is needed.

2 Likes

Well, Ten’s former long-time chief programmer David Mott ditched S1 host Sarah Wilson.

So don’t think that’s ever been a direction…