MasterChef Australia

Australia’s Premier Cooking Show Is Back.

MasterChef Australia. A Season Full Of Surprises.

Starts Monday, 7 May At 7.30pm.

Network Ten is pleased to announce that the remarkable 10th season of MasterChef Australia will premiere on Monday, 7 May at 7.30pm.

After searching the far corners of the country for Australia’s best amateur cooks, the brave, confident and fearless will stand together, facing a massive judges’ audition process, which will leave only the very best 24 home cooks standing.

MasterChef Australia judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris are back in the kitchen, encouraging and challenging the contestants to cook smarter, extend their creativity and overcome obstacles in ways they never dreamt possible.

Vue de Monde’s Shannon Bennett reprises his role as mentor for the immunity challenges, confident he can give away more immunity pins than ever before.

MasterChef Australia promises a season full of surprises and boasts some of Australia’s and the world’s best chefs including Maggie Beer, Curtis Stone, Adriano Zumbo and domestic goddess Nigella Lawson. And for the first time, internationally renowned Michelin-starred chef Gordon Ramsay will enter the kitchen, keen to keep the Top 24 contestants on their toes.

MasterChef Australia premieres on TEN and WIN Network on Monday, 7 May at 7.30pm and continues Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30pm.

1 Like

It is possible that on the first week, there will be a double episode of MasterChef on Thursday night. Ten should promote it properly so viewers will be aware of the extended length.

Last season three audition episodes were shown. Looks like this season top 24 were simply chosen from the judges’ auditions with no additional challenges.

EDIT: there was an additional challenge after all.

Tuesday 8 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia
After handing out 18 aprons on the first day of cooking, the judges are looking for six more cooks to round out the Top 24. The cooks who were given a second chance, will battle it out in a challenge.

1 Like

Now that Masterchef will soon return I’ve cancelled my NETFLIX subscription for the next 2 months.Can’t wait for new season

2 Likes

Record Number Of Partners For MasterChef Australia.

Coles, Harvey Norman, Cadbury, Holden, Cobram Estate, Diageo, a2 Milk, Jacob’s Creek, Bulla And More Join Season 10.

Network Ten and Multi Channel Network (MCN) today announced a record number of partners for MasterChef Australia, the 10th season of which is set to premiere at 7.30pm on Monday, 7 May.

This year MasterChef Australia will be a season full of surprises and Network Ten is proud to have the support of returning principal partner Coles and partners Harvey Norman, Cadbury, Holden, Cobram Estate, Diageo, a2 Milk, Jacob’s Creek and Bulla.

Other partners for 2018 include Ardmona, Canstar, SATC and Swisse Wellness.

The partners will join a remarkable season of Australia’s much-loved and iconic cooking show. Judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris are back in the kitchen, along with guest chefs including Maggie Beer, Curtis Stone, Adriano Zumbo, Darren Purchese, Kristen Tibballs, domestic goddess Nigella Lawson and – for the first time – Gordon Ramsay.

Other highlights of MasterChef Australia this year will include a challenge featuring the legendary Melbourne Football Club, a week exploring picturesque South Australia and, for an incredibly lucky group of contestants, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to cook for His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, in Darwin.

Network Ten’s Executive General Manager, Revenue and Client Partnerships, Rod Prosser, said: “As it enters its 10th season, MasterChef Australia remains one of the most premium and brand-safe programs on Australian television, a program that consistently delivers strong results for our partners.

“Viewers have loved MasterChef Australia since the first day it went to air and this year’s season will delight and surprise them.

“We are honoured to have such a stellar line-up of partners in 2018, in particular, Coles, which has been with MasterChef Australia since the start and has been an amazing supporter of the show and Network Ten,” he said.

Last season’s partners were: Coles, Harvey Norman, Devondale, Mondelez International, Cobram Estate, IKEA, Swisse Wellness, Qantas, Diageo, SPC, Mazda and Reckitt Benckiser while Jaguar provided vehicles transporting contestants around. Devondale dropped out after its parent company Murray Goulburn fell into financial trouble (it was eventually bought by Canadian firm Saputo earlier this month), while Holden replaced Mazda and Jaguar as vehicle supplier. The omission of Qantas suggests there would be no overseas challenges, while South Australian Tourism Commission came on board to sponsor the show’s SA week challenges.

1 Like

The promos don’t excite me that much but reading what’s to come this season has made me really look forward to it with some of the challenges they have lined up and guest chefs.

Has there been any word if they are doing an overseas trip this year?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the episodes when the contestants had to cook for Prince Charles

There will be a new episode of All Star Family Feud this Sunday featuring past MasterChef champions, minus Adam Liaw. Great to see 2011 winner Kate Bracks back on TV though, she has been quiet in the past few years.

2 Likes

Some of the sponsors are part of global conglomerates. Maybe one of those companies could stump up for an overseas trip?

The upcoming 10th season will not be fasttracked by overseas networks. According to latest schedule, India’s Star World and Lifetime in South East Asia are both showing repeats of season 9, while TVNZ is still showing the current season of My Kitchen Rules weeks behind the Channel 7 broadcast.

1 Like

The promos for the “splat” made me think of its creator Anna Pollyview.

I take it she (sadly) won’t be appearing, due to Family Food Fight on Nine which was commissioned for a second season?

The 10th season was officially launched at the MC kitchen at the Royal Melbourne Showgrounds tonight. Celebrity guests included The Project’s Carrie Bickmore and Waleed Aly, chefs Shannon Bennett, Darren Purchese and Adriano Zumbo, and MasterChef alumni Justine Schofield, Callum Hann and Hayden Quinn (also a judge on Family Food Fight).

2 Likes

Interesting use of the numeric 10 logo combining the MasterChef logo for this photo background.

4 Likes

There are more photos from George Calombaris’ Instagram.

2 Likes

Its amazing this show has lasted 10 years. I remember what many said on this forum when it was announced it would replace Big Brother.

Its gone through its ups and downs but its definitely been tens most successful show in the last 10 years, and arguably ever.

2 Likes

At its peak, Big Brother matched the highest peaks that Masterchef achieved.

How long did Big Brother last?
What was Big Brothers highest finale figures? I believe Masterchef smashed the records. Masterchef is the biggest show of the last 15 years, probably on all three commercial networks.