Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

We were on the bandwagon years ago

Young Talent Time
Hey Hey It’s Saturday
Prisoner a.k.a. Wentworth
It’s A Knockout
Spicks And Specks
Big Brother

Problem is that, apart from Wentworth, reboots have never really worked here.

The Young Doctors and Return To Eden were both proposed for reboots in recent years (The Young Doctors reboot was reportedly being considered by both Nine and Ten) but neither got past the initial stage.

2 Likes

I guess I’m referring specifically to drama, not entertainment formats. You can count dozens of quiz shows that have been “rebooted”. But apart from Wentworth (which is successful in most part because of our cultural familiarity with the legacy characters) I’m still surprised we haven’t dug up some old drama classics for a reimagining.

Against The Wind, for example, would make a terrific Netflix series.

Aside from game shows, probably the only revived program that has had success on Australian free to air TV in recent years is The Block.

If you can even count this as a program “revival” there were some Burke’s Backyard seasonal specials on Nine in the late 2000s, although that show definitely won’t be revived in any form ever again for now obvious reasons!

…and yet there are people who still want Ten to revive that show!

Some things should be left alone. I don’t really see the point of a reboot of The Young Doctors. A new hospital drama would do better than a remake using old characters.

If they redid Return To Eden, it should just be the original mini-series and not the regular series that followed which was weaker. I think a reboot of Sons and Daughters could work too but again as a mini-series or short series covering the original main storyline.

1 Like

Because Ten would do it a 1000 times better than Nine. Big Brother ended up failing on Nine not because of the show itself but how Nine treated it.

1 Like

Week commencing 6 May 2018

Sunday 6 May
07:30 pm All Star Family Feud Masterchef Australia Champions
08:30 pm NCIS S15 Ep21
09:30 pm SEAL Team Ep17 and 18
11:30 pm Supercars Highlights Round 5: Supercars Perth

Monday 7 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia Season 10 Premiere
The amateur cooks are given one hour to recreate their signature dish for the first of the two Judges’ Audtions.The judges introduce the nine past winners of Masterchef, who are there to cheer them on.
09:15 pm Roseanne S10 Ep2
09:45 pm 2017 Montreal Comedy Festival
10:45 pm Man with a Plan Rpt

Tuesday 8 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia After handing out 18 aprons on the first day of cooking, the judges are looking for six more cooks to round out the Top 24. The cooks who were given a second chance, will battle it out in a challenge.
09:00 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem
10:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 9 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia Our 2018 cooks enter the MasterChef kitchen for their first challenge as the top 24. The contestants need to imagine they are hosting the judges at their house for a meal, cooking anything they want.
08:30 pm Hughesy, We Have a Problem Season Final
09:30 pm This Is Us S2 Ep14
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-O S8 Ep21

Thursday 10 May
07:30 pm MasterChef Australia In the first elimination challenge of the season, three contestants fight to stay in the competition. They are given 75 minutes to cook, using only the ingredients contained in their fridges from home.
08:30 pm Show Me the Movie! Ep8 Season Final
09:30 pm Law and Order SVU: S19 Ep20
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 11 May
07:30 pm Living Room
08:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Guests include: Amy Schumer, Stephen Mangan and Jess Glynne.
09:30 pm TBA
10:30 pm TBA

Saturday 12 May
06:30 pm David Attenborough’s Natural Curiosities x 2
07:30 pm Ambulance S2 Ep 1
08:45 pm Meghan Markle: American Princess Rpt
10:15 pm TBA

1 Like

Two episodes of Hughesy?

So many problems!

2 Likes

Rushing to finish the second season of Hughesy to make way for new season of Shark Tank?

1 Like

So Many Problems with the 7:30 Sunday to Thursday Schedule from Next Week.

1 Like

Not just next week, mate.

1 Like

They’re destroying any work all that MasterChef promotion may have done, it needs the best possible launch pad.

At least it airs 5 nights a week, also having much of Thursdays to themselves.

Popular House Rules and existing The Voice audience won’t make it easy either.

Week of 6 May has season finals for Hughesy, We Have a Problem and Show Me the Movie!

Is the Wednesday episode a season premiere? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks fixed - it is the Wednesday episode that is the season final.

2 Likes

Just couple of points:

1. Seems Graham Norton is moving back to Fridays so probably worth putting in that it is episode 5 so people know its a new episode.
  2. The 2 Hughesy episodes would bring the season to a total of 7 episodes. Rather strange that it is not 8. I wonder if the holding an episode or rather they just did film 7 episodes in season 2.
  3. Bondi Rescue episodes on Tenplay were all season 11 episodes that are available. The new episodes have been from season 13. A report before the season went out was that the season order had been cut from 13 episodes to 10. Unless I am wrong, Ten did air episode 9 and 10 on the 24th April meaning all 10 episodes have aired
  4. Also appears that NCIS Los Angeles is actually a repeat
3 Likes

I am so confused.

I am sorry I am slightly confused. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Me too. I dont get what they are talking about.

1 Like

I think they may be saying the week one Masterchef lead in is being wasted on the usual crap rather than launching anything new.

1 Like

Have You Been Paying Attention and Shark Tank will benefit. Roseanne is new and should also benefit.

1 Like