MasterChef Australia

I disagree. Masterchef always spikes for the last two episodes of the season. I think the finale can get around 1.3m.

1 Like

Another tight elimination challenge tonight. All three girls created great dishes so again it came down to the detail. Tamara was eliminated for the second and final time after she made undercooked brownies. She had a nice concept of re-creating cooking brownie over the camp fire, but underestimated the time needing to bake the brownie in an open orange.
The masterclass / top 40 reunion was always outrageous funny and tonight was no exception.

We will see. It only got 1.4 mill last year. Its been down by roighly 300k the last few weeks compared to last year and there is the added competiton. I really do think it will be under 1 million or max 1.1.

The final rated 1.71m last year with the winners announced portion getting 1.88m. It was the semifinal that got 1.4m.

Sorry i was looking at grand final part 1

I thought it was a really weak dish to get into the top 3. It was simple enough as it was, but undercooked too? Shocking how far she came in the competition.

1 Like

OK so then show us who bitched and where? I would like to have a read or listen to this if it really does exist.

Anyway very happy with the final 3 and I would be OK with any of them winning, but am leaning more towards the girls. Karlie has been my favourite all season but Diana is also a friend of a friend (who apparently I met briefly a few years ago) so I can’t help but get behind her.

2 Likes

George tweeted this morning that Karlie, Ben and Diana would attend a special event at his Hellenic Republic restaurant in Kew on July 31. Probably cooking for guests.

1 Like

In previous seasons contestants have been absolutely hammered for dishes being too simple at this stage of the competition. A brownie in an orange is far too simplistic for final’s week but the judges didn’t say a word. IMO the standard this year has been far below 2014-16.

1 Like

I hope Diana wins

Me too, but Ben seems to have been ear-marked for it.

1 Like

Congrats to Diana & Ben :clap:

So sad for Karlie though :cry: She actually really struggled tonight, in comparison to amazing Diana.

My last fav gone!

Tomorrow (as always) will be epic.

2 Likes

Great result tonight. Thank goodness the favouritism that has plagued this season won’t be a factor in the finale.

1 Like

So sad to see Karlie go. She was the star of the season for me and such a sweet and humble person. I can now only hope that Diana takes this out. Ben has done about 10 too many ice creams this season. Pretty sure every cook since the start of finals week has had an ice cream…

3 Likes

Even today’s episode was ridiculously focused on Ben’s “struggle” (ie. journey) to complete the dish (as well as a nice bit of family back story)…I’d bet anything he wins tomorrow.

Especially up against lack-of-personality Diana.

In what must be a MasterChef first, the final 3 moved out of the big house in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs to stay in separate apartments at Docklands before the semi final.
Diana deserved to be in the grand final after enduring through the four-hour preparation almost incident free. Trivia: Diana is the third Malaysian Chinese to reach the grand final after Poh Ling Yeow (2009 runner up) and Adam Liaw (2010 winner).
Both Ben and Karlie struggled during the prep and service. One would have thought that last week’s service challenge at Dinner by Heston would have allowed them to be ready for the semi. Ben just got through because he cleverly used some ingredients that the judges had not tasted before (e.g. tulip bulbs) while the mandarin syrup in Karlie’s dessert was bitter and pithy.
The grand final was again filmed over two days. Day 1 was mystery box and a free cook. Day 2 was the longest pressure test in MC history, with Kirsten Tibballs (who last appeared in Sweet Week) returning to test Ben and Diana with her dessert.
P.S. Since the finale was filmed two months ago, Ben was convicted of low-range drink-driving and was banned from driving for two months after police stopped him in Brisbane on May 26.

Who Will Be Australia’s Next MasterChef?

MasterChef Australia. The Grand Finale.

Tonight At 7.30pm.

In the culmination of three massive months of hard work, the day has come for finalists Ben Ungermann from Queensland and Victoria’s Diana Chan. One of them will take home the trophy and title of Australia’s MasterChef for 2017.

Tonight’s extraordinary Grand Finale will play out in a culinary duel over three rounds, covering three courses.

The finalists are competing for a $250,000 cash prize to kick-start their food dream and a monthly column in Australia’s leading premium food magazine, Delicious. The contestant with the most points at the end of round three will claim the title.

Round one is a mystery box challenge. Every mystery box played across the season is available to choose from, with the contestants required to choose one. With 60 minutes to cook, they must use at least one ingredient from the mystery box to create a dish worthy of a Grand Finale. With 30 points up for grabs, the pressure is on to impress.

In the second round there are no rules. The judges tell the two finalists they must create a dish to wow the judges. The contestants can cook any cuisine, any style, with access to the pantry and the garden. They can also together decide on the cook time. This is their chance to show the judges just how far they have come in the competition. With another 30 points up for grabs, there is a lot at stake.

For the final round, the contestants will face one of the most difficult pressure tests ever seen on MasterChef Australia. The judges reveal that the Grand Finale pressure test has been set by world champion chocolatier Kirsten Tibballs. For the third and final round, the contestants have six hours to recreate Kirsten’s trio of fruits.

The judges and Kirsten will taste and score the final dishes out of 40 points.

2 Likes

Can’t remember if mentioned, but will this be like MKR where two results have been filmed?

3 Likes