MasterChef Australia

They randomly drew knives. Any one of them could have got the dessert.

1 Like

They cant exactly force the contestants to stop making desserts.

1 Like

What does that mean? Of course they can. They can make them cook whatever they like. Remember the challenges where you’d have to pick a country, and a protein, and cook a representative dish? Let’s see Ben make a Chinese pork dessert…

I don’t watch the introductory discussion, but I’m calling BS on these knife pulls - I reckon the cooking is determined off screen and a knife pull done for show…I always had my doubts, but Arum’s prize being to cook beef wellington was massively fishy.

They could steal their ice cream makers. Ben’s rolled out more ice cream flavours than Cold Rock Cafe.

1 Like

The “Location matters” one on the right is a nice touch

What a load of ignorant crap you constantly pull out. No matter who won the challenge or what the outcome was… you would have found a reason to whinge and moan about it.

You talk like the contestants after giving up 6 months of their lives to this process and competing for a prize, would just willingly film a fake scene of random dish selection which allows the challenge to be rigged and possibly directly result in them being eliminated. Puh-leeeasse. If this was actually happening we would be hearing contestants complain about how unfair challenges were and how badly it was rigged once they are off the show. When generally most people who leave the show speak highly of the process, the judges and their experience.

Anyway, as for tonight hopefully Tamara goes. I don’t dislike her as much as a lot of others do but at least her going will shut up all the jealous middle aged women whingeing about her on facebook. :joy:

1 Like

He has only made ice cream 4 times in 11 weeks. That is not that much.

1 Like

Disagree. It is no different to making a parfait four times. Lacks imagination.

1 Like

Ben was amazing :clap:

He absolutely pulled it off, well done.

1 Like

If you are good at something and constantly get praised on it, wouldn’t you keep doing it?

1 Like

It’s called Masterchef not Mr Whippy.

1 Like

Ben had said a few times so far that he gave up his job to become a Masterchef contestant.He was selling shoes in a sports store Rebel Sport,etc. Do all MC contestants have to give up their jobs or do some of them take leave to participate in the show.Not all former MC contestants end up working in the food industry do they?

Of course most would have to give up their jobs. It takes 6 months to film.

4 Likes

Ben has suddenly become the new favourite to win Season 9 according to Sportsbet. Gamble Responsibly.

1 Like

I really hope Sunday & Monday do well for Ten, it’ll be embarrasing it MC can’t at a bare minimum do 1m!

If successful (and what Ten’s strategy presumably is), it will take viewers away from Ninja Warrior’s semi-final / finale. Possibly meaning we won’t see audiences much higher than we already have.

Interesting nights & indeed weeks ahead for Seven, Nine & Ten :disappointed_relieved:

Haha! :joy:

Yup, except the contestants that, you know, actually bitched all over the media this season about secret convos between some contestants and the judges, and favouritism. :roll_eyes:

It’s a TV show…not a lottery draw.

The Mastercard finale will be lucky to rate above a million…

It probably depends what their job is. Some jobs allow employees to take leave without pay. Ben was a store manager at a sports shoe store so probably didn’t have a choice. You’d be crazy to quit your job to chase your Masterchef dream if there was the option of taking leave.

1 Like