MasterChef Australia

I am anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if its under 1 million

Karlie deserves to be in the finale. She has been the standout and most improved this season IMO. As much as I don’t like Sarah, I would say that her and Karlie deserve to be the final two (personally I would prefer Diana or Ben but I would rank them 3rd and 4th).

They do this on almost every Australian reality show in some way or form. Whether it’s showing us a back story or family visits it almost always happens.

It still would have been a few weeks wouldn’t it? On top of that it’s 6 months of filming where in that entire period they only would have had a couple of opportunities to see their loved ones. Did you actually watch it to know it was staged? They are all young girls with partners who they clearly miss. It’s not like Arum (who lacks any personality) was there sobbing because he missed his mum. If that happened it would have felt staged but I didn’t think so last night.

I pretty much only watch Masterchef.

It feels incredibly tacky to watch and very manipulative. Not a fan. Especially feel for the contestants who are put on the spot.

1 Like

I really liked Clare Smyth. She had no sympathy for the contestants who got the short straws (marron and duck). She was even unmoved by tears, which is a nice change on MC. I’d prefer her to Marco any time. I’ve been bashed over the head with “Quckly! Quickly! Quickly!” and his cringeworthy platitudes too many times.

Diana, and then Karlie, are the only ones left that I like. I’ve had to put up with Arum’s robotic dullness for too long. Lose him quickly please, and then Sarah because she is so annoying.

1 Like

We Need Fewer Episodes of Masterchef in Season 10 coz recent seasons are Dragging on for Too Long.

And what will screen in its place?

I just think they should give it a rest for a few extra months and air it in August/September.

MasterChef Australia.

From Finals Week To Grand Finale.

The Grand Finale Commences Monday 24 July, 7.30pm. Only On TEN And WIN Network.

With Finals Week now underway, the top six contestants are battling it out for a place in the MasterChef Australia Grand Finale, which broadcasts on Monday 24 July, 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

There is a lot at stake. One contestant will take out the title of Australia’s MasterChef for 2017 and walk away with a $250,000 cash prize and a monthly column in Australia’s leading premium food magazine, Delicious.

But first they must survive Finals Week and three eliminations.

Tonight, Karlie, Sarah and Diana battle it out in a pressure test set by guest chef Shaun Quade, but which contestant will come undone? Tuesday serves up a shock elimination, in which the remaining five contestants must cook their best dish to excite some of the country’s top chefs including Peter Gilmore, Alla Wolf-Tasker, Shannon Bennett and Ross Lusted. The one who least impresses will be going home.

On Wednesday night, Heston Blumenthal’s top restaurant Dinner by Heston is the venue for a mammoth challenge for the top four. They must each create a dish from Heston’s menu to serve 40 diners. The contestant with the most impressive dish will make their way through to Sunday night’s semi-final.

Back in the MasterChef Australia kitchen on Thursday night, three contestants will cook off to stay in the competition. They must deliver a dish worthy of a place in the semi-final. The contestant whom the judges deem to have the least impressive dish will be leaving the competition, while the remaining two contestants will join Sunday’s thrilling semi-final episode.

Before that, Thursday night also marks an extra special Masterclass, as the entire season nine alumni return to the MasterChef kitchen, for their very last lesson with Matt, Gary, George, Shannon and guest chef Curtis Stone.

Program guide out the previous weekend has the Masterclass on Friday 7.30pm, so Ten has changed its mind to avoid clashing with the top of the table AFL match between Adelaide and Geelong.

On last night’s episode. Was Ben becoming a one-trick pony? He won the mystery box challenge with his ice cream, so why did he make an ice cream (albeit with Sambuca and liquorice) in the invention test? He only scraped through to the top three. Sarah had her worst cook while Karlie put too many ingredients on her dish. They and Diana had to compete in tonight’s pressure test. At least Arum showed you can make a tasty savoury dish with liquorice.
Also, Karlie forgot to score the chestnuts before roasting them, so when she took them out of the oven and put them on the bench, some of them exploded everywhere. That was so funny!

1 Like

Karlie’s chestnuts exploded :boom:

2 Likes

We have some of the strongest cooks in this elimination so anyone could go really. I want Karlie to win so will be happy as long as she is safe. Sarah’s reaction though to being up for elimination last night is just typical annoying Sarah. She acts like a little kid being old off doing that sooky face. Her antics are just so ridiculous that I can’t help but hope she crashes and burns.

What advantage would that be? Channel Ten gets a massive boost in it’s overall shares the minute Masterchef comes on the air. Audiences grow for everything from The project to the shows that follow it, and gives a strong launch pad into it’s content later in the year. Until they have a brand new concept that they are sure is going to fire there is no advantage in moving it later and risk Ten just being in a slump for a huge chunk of the year.

I’m shocked to see the 3 most strongest cooks this season in a pressure test,first time Karlie has been in one

1 Like

Some would have used your exact argument when Big Brother was replaced by Masterchef and look how well that worked out.

Now with Sarah gone I am only watching for Ben. Once he goes Ill stop watching. Its ridiculous how much the judges have been favouring Tamara and Karlie this season. They will probably be the final two.

It was the toughest seafood dish of the season - Pearl on the Ocean Floor by Shaun Quade from South Melbourne’s Lume Restaurant. Diana decided to leave out the lemon marmalade because it was rock hard (in a rush she perhaps might have forgotten she could try to heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to try to melt it down) while Sarah omitted the mussel foam because it was not foamy. Both omissions affected the overall taste of their re-creations. Karlie burned her first batch of marmalade but otherwise performed well in her first pressure test.
After holding the immunity pin for two weeks, Sarah bowed out in straight sets. I think she was overwhelmed by the pressure of cooking in the finals.

Straight sets? Didn’t realise this was tenis :wink:

I call it straight sets when a contestant fell into the bottom 3 after the invention test, then was eliminated in the pressure test.

Wow I didn’t expect Sarah to go last night. If it was close I thought they would have just let Diana go instead. That was a huge shock.

They are advertising tonight as a ‘Shock elimination’. The only two I would consider as shock eliminations would be Ben or Karlie going. I hope not. Although from a promo department perspective someone like Tamara could be considered a shock. If Arum makes the Top 4 that will be pretty lame.

The exact same can be said about Ben and Sarah. They have been judges favourites all season, and I would say Ben more than anyone in recent weeks. The difference is they deserve it. So does Karlie. They are/were the 3 best cooks in the competition.

Sarah on Studio 10

3 Likes