MasterChef Australia

Awesome episode tonight, it was a totally new experience for the contestants.
The blue team went into elimination due to undercooked leek and average teriyaki beef (beef size too big and not enough sauce).
Someone said on Twitter tonight he noticed some of the diners in tonight’s team challenge also went to the Kodama Restaurant in Monday’s degustation challenge.

Agree, for me especially after seeing her behaviour when she didn’t get through Heston round and was sent to the bottom 2 on her dish.

late post

Got around to watching the last MasterClass with Heston (filmed in my home region, the stunning Mornington Peninsula :grin:)

It was really well done, loved the simplicity yet usefulness anr intrigue of Heston’s “Eggs”. Matt’s dessert was also to die for, he has some good tricks up his sleeve. Gary and George were also very good. Lots of contestants got tastes too.

Japan Week has been fantastic so far, love the cuisine, culture and back-drop, a great culture!

The roof-top mystery box + invention test were great, what a way to cook (albeit the wind causing disruption). The immunity was fantastic, one of the most tense so far this year and found it emotionally hard (albeit no pro cook, no numbers scoring & one was definitely getting a pin).

Tonight’s team challange was literally… A challange :disappointed_relieved: Very tight & confined spaces, small benches to work off and not much cooking appliances, not to mention the hear, crowds and Gary, Matt & George tasting right next to the stalls. Sad to see Blue into the elimimation, I enjoyed their cooking the most, wanted them to win & like Callan and Sarah.

Tomorrow will be sad… I just know it :cry:

1 Like

Totally agree. The judges wont let the teachers pet Tamara go home especially not against Callan.

2 Likes

Well Callan in my opinion is the weakest contestant left anyway. So he deserves to go next regardless who he is up against.

1 Like

Yep he deserved to go ages ago.

Oops ,I keep calling him Callum😳

1 Like

Sushi as a dessert??? With fish???

When I saw the promo of sushi dessert last night I could not believe it either.
Good on Callan for giving it a shot, he certainly got bonus points for inventiveness. In the end he was JUST eliminated because the roasted rice in his ice-cream lacked flavour, otherwise it would have been Sarah who would go home. Brave decision by Sarah not to use her immunity pin, and it nearly backfired.
Tamara got dish of the day with her dumplings.

Well that was a close call for Sarah. She did a good dish but had Callan perfected that ice cream for his sushi (which he got pretty close) she would have been a goner. I was really hoping not using that immunity pin would backfire on her. Talk about being cocky.

1 Like

What you call cocky, I call confidence. Why should she use her pin when she is a much better than both Tamara and Callan, who should have been gone a long time ago. Now she can use it if she needs it to make finals week and then who knows what can happen. More people should have as much trust in her abilities as she does. Personally I hope either her or Ben win.

1 Like

There were only 3 up for elimination so pretty high odds of going plus she had no idea what sort of challenge it would be. She didn’t cook the most outstanding dish of the bunch either and the other two brought their A game so it could have easily backfired. It’s easy to say in hindsight that she didn’t go so made the right decision but she is getting way too over confident to have not used the pin IMO.

If there had been just one thing wrong with her dish, she would’ve been sent home. It was razor thin. She shouldn’t have been cocky or over-confident.

1 Like

But the thing is she can cook really well and is now guaranteed to be in the final week no matter what happens. Tamara and Callan are two of the weaker cooks in the competition. If it wasn’t for them Sarah wouldn’t have even been in elimination. Good on her for backing herself. Also Tamara was never going to go as she is the teachers pet and sucks up to the judges. Cmon how many times can you cook dumplings, I think this is the third or fourth time she has made a variant of the same dish. And once again Callan made ice cream. Thank god Sarah didnt go otherwise I would have stopped watching along with many other people going by the Facebook comments last night.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. She could go up for elimination on Monday and have to use the pin and then could be eliminated on Thursday.

Also I’m sick of them using the term “finals week” when finals week Is really when you are down to 4. As they generally now do it a F4, F3 then F2 in the final week but they call the week before that finals week even though it’s just a standard week really.

Yet Tamara cooked a better dish than her and it looked far more appealing to me. I wouldn’t put Tamara as one of the weakest contestants. I think she’s very hit and miss. Sometimes she’s on fire and one of the strongest but she ahs also stumbled quite a few times.

They had to make something from their past and clearly she likes making dumplings. The dish may have had dumplings but the dish was clearly a lot more than just dumplings. How is it different to Sarah and Diana constantly cooking seafood and pork in broth style dishes? Everyone has their own style and type of food they radiate towards.

So what you are telling me that yourself and all these “facebook trolls” are only watching the show for Sarah? Puhleese. How many time shave popular contestants been eliminated from shows, the same people make the same threat yet there is very little impact on ratings. The facebook page is not an indication of the general audience, they are all a bunch of whingers from the same demographic.

1 Like

Speaking for myself, I only care about Ben and Sarah. The rest I couldnt care less if they left. Tamara especially annoys me. She is always sucking up to the judges and likes to talk a lot, so they keep showing her. She is the Georgia of this years season.

3 Likes

I hope Sarah or Ben end up winning.Tamara is this season’s judges favourite,she can do no wrong according to them😕

3 Likes

Completely agree. For me out of the ones left I think Sarah, Ben and Diana are the stand out cooks with Karlie a close fourth. The other four I can take or leave.

But even the best chef has a bad day :slight_smile: there’s no use having an immunity pin if you’re one bad cook from elimination. It was risky but barely paid off.

2 Likes