MasterChef Australia

I actually personally don’t think Sam is a natural. He’s a likeable guy but you can tell he’s a little bit shy and withdrawn. I found him awkward at times.

I don’t agree but that is the exact reason I stopped watching MKR. So I’m still clueless as to why you watch this show if you think that. Really bad habit you have there.

As for last night’s episode - I really enjoyed the bit at the start of them going around looking at the Japanese foods. The actual challenges though on the rooftop wasn’t the best location to be cooking. It just felt like it could be anywhere. It also looked really cold and a big disadvantage with all that wind.

You can really see a few people pushing ahead as real contenders for this show. I would say Ben, Sarah or Diana are probably the front runners at this point. I also see Eliza as a bit of a dark horse. She reminds me a bit like Elena last season who was pretty invisible for half the season then appeared out of nowhere. I’m gobsmacked she’s somehow been able to avoid every elimination… not even been in a losing team challenge is crazy.

1 Like

How many weeks are left of Masterchef now?

Theres 9 contestants left and theres usually 6 in finals week. So I would say there is 3 weeks left. I am predicting the finale to be on either Monday July 31st or Tuesday 1st of August with Survivor to premiere on the following Sunday.

1 Like

I don’t think Survivor is ready yet. Ten will show The Bachelor first after the MasterChef finale.
As for last night’s episode, it was filmed in late March but for some reason it was pretty cold. Callan should count his lucky stars because his pork and wasabi dish in the invention test was mediocre, and he would have faced elimination had there been a bottom 3 in the challenge.

1 Like

That is a long promotion period if Survivor wont premiere until September or later.

1 Like

It will air once Masterchef finishes. Not sure where Johnson got that information from.

I am assuming it will only air twice a week this time though.

Yep. Im expecting Survivor to air on Sunday and Mondays, Shark Tank to move into the Tuesday 7:30 slot when Masterchef finishes and then Bachelor on Wednesdays and Thursdays to round out the week.

1 Like

Sarah and Karlie made the two best dishes in tonight’s degustation at Tokyo’s Kodama Restaurant and would compete against invention test winner Ben for a guaranteed immunity pin. Great effort for the eight contestants involved, since each of them did not know which ingredient he or she would be using until arriving at the kitchen. Even Kodama-san himself was impressed.

If you watch Sunday’s episode you may notice Tamara showing part of her boarding pass at the Qantas First Class lounge at Melbourne Airport, proving she was on its way to Tokyo as part of Japan Week. However frequent flyer expert Steve Hui has told News Corp it was not a good idea as the barcodes reveal personal information which can be hacked into or stolen by thieves. Tamara’s boarding pass showed her real name and departure date (March 21).

3 Likes

After this week we will have 8 contestants remaining. So I’m guessing after next week 6, after the following week 4 and then an elimination each night. So I think it would end on 25th July. Unless they have another week with only 1 elimination that could stretch it out further.

I think Johnson is just guessing that given Survivor only finished filming last week, there is a good chance it won’t be ready in 3-4 weeks time. Ideally they would air it straight up but they have a very short time to edit the episodes. For that reason Ten might opt to hold it back a few more weeks so that it runs right until the end of the year, although they don’t really have any other alternative now if they do that. Unless they run Shark Tank a couple nights a week in the interim.

What a spectacular sight Obuchi tea plantation is, for last night’s episode. It is one of the popular tourist spots in Shizuoka region.
Sarah narrowly beat Karlie to win the pin in one of the closest immunity challenges in the show’s history. Both girls created delicious dishes, but the judges were moved by Sarah’s emotional connection to her Bak Kut Teh dish that they gave her the pin.

Gary’s opposition to Ben taking inspiration from the surroundings was weird though…

Did anyone else notice that almost every time they showed an aerial shot of the scenery and Mt Fuji it was sunny and picture perfect? Yet then would chop back to them cooking and being cold and cloudy. Clearly taken a different day.

Sarah is starting to really annoying me. I just don’t like her. To me she seems quite arrogant and over confident yet I have a feeling she might win this. Plus that hair does my head in. Karlie is my favourite I think shes improved more than anyone this season.

1 Like

Season 8 contestant Heather Day was on Shark Tank last night seeking $50,000 investment for her gourmet butter project. According to Mediaweek, the sharks sampled the product and they liked what they tasted, but they baulked at her business model. Day ended up with two offers and went with Naomi Simson‘s offer of $50k for 33% equity. The Sydney Morning Herald has a more detailed wrap.

1 Like

Wouldn’t you be confident if you were as smart and creative as her at something? Thank god she doesnt make ice cream all the time like some of the others.

Thank goodness you said that, I thought it was just me but everytime there is a challenge they are either making an icecream or pickling something.

1 Like

Well Sarah doesn’t eat desserts so very rarely cooks them. She is a diabetic.

Johnson’s next holiday destination.

It was really challenging conditions for the contestants in the team challenge.Having not much room to move and to prep and cook in such a small space about the size of my kitchen at home (I live in a small studio flat)

1 Like

I guess Sarah will use her immunity pin and not have to take part in the elimination.Callum will go for sure

She certainly isn’t lacking in the confidence department but she has the skills to back it up. IMO she is by far the best cook this season.
Tamara is way out of her depth. Tonight the only thing she actually did was grill leek on a skewer and she still somehow stuffed it up. She was meant to do the mayonaise but handballed it to Sarah and then Sarah also ended up doing the corn.

1 Like