MasterChef Australia

:joy:

4 Likes

Definitely Masterclass.

3 Likes

Pressure Test arguably by favourite, but not?

Blind taste test my favourite OF THE eliminations?

Immunity my favourite night overall?

I think people are entitled to have different favourite, as long as they aren’t in the same category :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay.

6 Likes

Haha you crack me up sometimes.

2 Likes

Glad to ‘make your day’ my buddy

I wouldn’t go that far.

6 Likes

The team challenges are always my favourite episode of the week but I do also enjoy the Thursday eliminations as they are always different every week so you don’t know what to expect. I find I’m getting a bit tired of the Mystery box / Invention tests on Sunday’s and even the pressure tests are getting a bit repetitive.

1 Like

Melbourne!

4 Likes

Benjamin, Tamara and Ray incorrectly guessed the ball-shaped ingredients in the blind tasting test and had to cook in the second round. Based on the recounts, Benjamin was very confident during his cooking until he burned his chutney. His decision to take the banana pancakes into the oven to keep warm backfired, as the judges reckoned the grilled bananas inside the pancakes were overcooked and mushy, sealing Benjamin’s elimination. Ray spent nearly 15 minutes in the pantry looking for ingredients and struggled during the cooking, but eventually created an excellent grape dish. Tamara was the best performer in the round with her cucumber five ways and yoghurt parfait dessert.

Loved the blind tasting challenge, except for manky Michelle. Watching her histrionics over ginger was just gross.

I would never hire Benjamin for anything. He looks so unprofessional with that stupid beard. I’ve never liked him or his attitude so was pleased for him to be booted.

Can Ray please go next. He has zero personality or charisma and I am sick to death of hearing him him struggling missing his kids. Why go on the fucking show in the first place when you know you could be away for six months.

3 Likes

Speaking of vegetarian …

2 Likes

That was part of Yotam’s visit in January during the Australian Open tennis.

1 Like

More interesting than having 90 mins of stock-standard, cliche statements about how wonderful vegetarian food tasts, would be the contestants making a “meat feast for a group of vegetable lovers”.

Oh totally agree on both counts.

1 Like

A TV star too I’d say. She was great. They have to get her back next year.

Last night’s episode with guest chef David Thompson was great. Karlie was the only contestant to make a dessert in the mystery box and it paid off, winning the challenge. In the invention test, I notice about 1/3 of contestants made ice creams with kaffir leaves, but only 2-3 people created crab dishes. Sam and Trent struggled during cooking but I could not believe Jess went in the bottom 3 as well, she just went too far with her flavour combinations.

1 Like

This week would have to be the South Melbourne Market challenge that I attended back in January. It will be interesting to see how well they can edit out those crazy vegan protesters.

Watching last night’s ep via the afternoon encore today, luckily I’m not busy at this time :slight_smile:

Love Thai, it’s making me hungry!

Edit:

Well done to Karlie, wonderful.

Some great inventions, lots of dishes full of flavour.

I felt bad for Sam and Eloise.

Tonight will be a cracker.

isn’t every night with Masterchef? :open_mouth:

1 Like