MasterChef Australia

This being the key here…

Pretty disappointing really. Was massively overhyped for what it really was. And why would you really need to eat a floating icecream anyway…

You wouldn’t. It was just an advertising ploy to get viewers excited and for the contestants to have some fun creating something new.

2 Likes

That floating ice-cream was certainly finals worthy. Why did the producers introduce such a difficult dish so early in the season?
Bryan showed how much a contestant’s fortune could change dramatically in such a period of time. He was in top 3 of mystery box in one episode, the next episode he was eliminated. That invention test must have hurt Bryan’s self-esteem. He struggled to make the semifreddo and temper his chocolate, but he fought back and construct the ice cream, only to then fail to build the sugar balloon in allocated time, and was criticised for lumps of meringue in the semifreddo. I feel very sorry for him.

2 Likes

Because that’s the level they want them at?

As the judges keep saying.

Dude, Sam is an obvious finalist, a Hayden & Callum combo.

1 Like

I’m sad that Bryan has gone.That dessert should have been in finals week,not so early on into the competition.

1 Like

I was really sad to see Bryan go last night. So far he stood out to me as the most likeable contestant. Just a fun happy guy who really wanted to be there. I really do hope there is a chance for an eliminated contestant to come back as he would stand a shot.

5 Likes

I hope he can return also

1 Like

New promo just aired saying applications are now open for season 10 of the show.
Season 9 premiered on TVNZ 1 in New Zealand tonight. Kiwi viewers will be around three weeks behind Australia.

1 Like

That was a very quick commission, Ten didn’t want to wait and see.

Executives must be happy?

A great immunity challenge last night. It was very close between Sam and guest chef Lauren Eldridge who both got high scores for their creations. In the end Lauren’s honeycomb and ice cream got a 10 from Gary and beat Sam by 1 point. The other two battles (Callan v former contestant Reynold Poernomo and Diana v Angélique Pereto) were no-contests with Callan and Diana only scoring 5s and 6s. Angelique showed why she is one of the rising stars in pastry cooking by getting perfect 10s.

1 Like

I want to see Angeliqué return, such a bubbly French character too.

Her tuile was excellent, I wanted one!

PERFECT SCORE… 3 x 10/10 :grin:

According to a new video posted on the show’s Facebook page, tonight’s episode took place at the former Star Lyric Theatre at 247 Johnston Street, Fitzroy. Matt Preston said in the clip the theatre was turned into a furniture store and car park before it would be demolished to make way for apartments. You can read more about the theatre and the art on the wall here and here

1 Like

Why do tiny men have such huge egos! I’m sick to death of George doing his pathetic gimmick of choosing the teams. I’m not sure if production tells them where to stand, if they do then it’s ripe for production interference and ensuring their favourites are safe by making sure all the strong cooks for that particular challenge have all the benefits. If not then all the strong cooks could then cluster together creating an unfair advantage. Not to mention it’s such a stupid and boring method of choosing teams. I love when they do random picks like last week. Fair, fun and makes so much more drama. Likewise let the captains be random.

Those edible art installations looked gross and manky. Who the hell would want to eat something after some hyperactive brat has been mauling everything. Just filthy and totally unhygienic.

The edible art installations themselves looked laughable. I expected everything covered and was shocked when it was so sparsely decorated. It was such an impossible task though so I’m not sure what production was thinking. The contestants really tried and they did do a great job for such a ridiculous task, especially after showcasing the Wong art piece.

2 Likes

This was the most interesting and intense challenge I’ve ever seen in all seasons of MC

1 Like

At seven hours this was the longest team challenge in the show’s history in terms of preparation time. Both team’s edible art concepts were quite simple but they underestimated the time need to create the main components and decorate on the greenhouse walls. The result was lots of empty spaces throughout the structures. Both teams had their own problems: blue team lacking the hexagon cookie cutter and had to create makeshift ones (time for manufacturers to make one I think?) and red team getting their strawberries dehydrated in time and made into flowers. In the end, it was the blue team’s lack of balance of flavours that cost it victory.
(Also, were the plastic walls cleaned before the blue team stuck the biscuits on?)

1 Like

Yeah this was one of my favourite challenges that they’ve ever done as well!

Although the one thing I found a bit gross was the way that people walked through the display putting their hands over everything, double dipping in the creams and sauces etc and then other people coming through and eating stuff. I might be a bit of a germ freak but I would have hated to be one of the last people to walk through those displays knowing how many people had been touching and eating this in there before me. Yucky!

I didn’t agree with the result. I thought the honey beehive one should have won hands down. Like I can’t believe that a team made microwave sponges and got away with it on Masterchef.

On the contrary, I found last night’s episode a bit boring.

Maybe my mind was elsewhere.

But I did love seeing the final edible artwork and it did look amazing :slight_smile:

It’ll be a tough elimination tonight, with my favourite, the blind taste test!

So which is it?

9 Likes