MasterChef Australia

I could not believe it when I first saw it via 10’s publicity slide two weeks ago. I believe this is the challenge with most contestants absent through illness in the show’s history.

4 Likes

I don’t like the ‘workaround’. They should have halted production.

2 Likes

Masterchef royalty this week.

1 Like

Probably very difficult to do given production deadlines, guest bookings and all the other scheduling for later weeks.

3 Likes

In todays world (well moreso back then) I think they could have built provisions in for this. It’s a multi million dollar production.

Melissa said two more contestants were absent due to COVID, so there would only be seven contestants taking part in the first mystery box challenge set by Poh Ling Yeow.

This week is Secrets to Success Week, culminating in Sunday’s elimination with guest judge Julie Goodwin.

So tomorrow nights elimination cook for those who missed last night - is this an extra person leaving? Or was it always going to be an elimination tomorrow night?

It was always planned to be an elimination tomorrow night as it was the weekly pressure test.

Normally the three contestants who made the worst dishes in the mystery box challenge would go into the pressure test. However, Jock said the seven of them who took part in tonight’s mystery box would have the day off, so it would just be the other 10 (who recovered from COVID) cooking in tomorrow’s pressure test.

It looked like it was later on for this season with so many contestants missing from this episode

TUESDAY

Tonight’s elimination challenge (with guest Emilia Jackson) only featured the eight contestants who were absent from Sunday’s elimination. Brent and Rue, which didn’t take part in last night’s mystery box, would be expected to go straight into the next elimination this Sunday.

WEDNESDAY
Rue, Brent and Amy were absent from tonight’s team challenge as they recovered from COVID. Malissa went straight into immunity challenge so wouldn’t have to cook, leaving 12 contestants divided into two teams of six. Matt Sinclair and Sashi Cheliah were captains of the respective team.

Sashi Cheliah said he had just opened a new restaurant in India.

2 Likes
1 Like

Episode run down for week 22 includes an overnight challenge on Sunday.

In this overnight challenge, contestants must create at least one element for their dish that improves and becomes better overnight. They have 45 minutes to prep their overnight element, and another 60 minutes to finalise the dish the following day. The contestant who cooks the least impressive dish will be eliminated from the competition.

1 Like

I am looking forward to the May 31 episode, a Chinese banquet team challenge, which was filmed at Mei Jing Restaurant in Wantirna in Melbourne’s outer east. I think it was filmed just before Christmas.

2 Likes

So usual Daily Mail nonsense when they run a headline and story saying the search for Jock’s replacement has begun yet they’ve include the quote from Ten which fully debunks their own story:

So the Daily Mail are now basically stating within their own stories that their own stories are “completely false and misleading”.

10 Likes

But the worst intrusion came last Friday, the day of Zonfrillo’s private funeral, when the Daily Telegraph published multiple photographs online of the event without permission hours after the service. Taken by a freelance paparazzo stationed outside the northern Sydney funeral home, the pictures of the coffin and the grieving family and friends were published hours later. The pictures were published across News Corp mastheads over the following days.

3 Likes

I know the Daily Mail and News Corp are grubby but it seems they can still get lower and grubbier. Just leave this family alone to grieve. Off topic, but Nine radio and tv don’t get off lightly from Amanda either.

I love Fridays for Amanda’s Weekly Beast! :grinning: I can see what the grubs are up to.

1 Like

One of the more intriguing challenges teased in the promotions is the pressure test tonight with the lamington tower.

1 Like

Larissa really wasted her second chance apron. She returned to the competition at the end of Sunday’s elimination episode, then two episodes later she was sent home again, after creating an inconsistent and clumsy version of the lamington tower. She had to create her caramel four times putting her behind Theo and Declan.

2 Likes

I think it’s too soon after his death to be looking for his replacement

Has to be done unfortunately. If they want the show back next year they will be starting production in the 4-5 months.

2 Likes