MasterChef Australia

In ep one Jock also said “what a time to be alive”. I did a bit of a double take.

5 Likes

You might be right. There are a few red flags getting through.

3 Likes

Is there a possibility, when 10 spoke to the family last week, they might’ve offered to review and potentially edit or if they were happy to just leave as is with the full overarching blessing of them?

1 Like

That could certainly be the case, that or the first week is largely unedited before they edit the rest, with efforts focused on the tribute.

Five-second teaser aired during tonight’s episode, saying the Vege-Mitey Sunday is coming.

EDIT: it’s the first elimination this Sunday.

Are you guys thinking too much into this ‘edit’ (or lack of) concept?

4 Likes

A lot of ‘Wow’ from one contestant. Lol

2 Likes

I agree,very annoying

So the producers had tweaked the immunity challenge format. For the first time since season 11, a contestant would have to beat the guest chef in order to win the immunity pin. The contestant however only had to win round one to gain weekly immunity.

1 Like

Episode run downs for w/c 21 May with Julie on Sunday’s episode.

2 Likes

Enjoying this season so far, I like how they got straight into it,no audition episodes.
It’s hard seeing Jock on screen now and realising he won’t be back next season and why :confused:He will be very hard to replace ,assuming MasterChef returns next season at all,maybe it won’t.

It’ll return - the show is too important to Ten and ultimately a show like Masterchef is bigger than any individual on it. Ten also know if they put it down for 5 minutes that Seven will swoop in and pick it up.

I suspect guest judges is the sensible option next year with the usual international names and a few more local chefs effectively auditioning for a permanent role the following year, assuming the other two judges wish to continue with it (far too early for them to be making that decision).

7 Likes

Gordon Ramsay and Christina Tosi did a 2 judged series on the U.S. Version and then various chefs/celebrities came in as guest judges

10 wouldn’t be jumping with the figures so far, even if solid (for 2023) in total people and decent key demos, with just 3 seasons ago doing 1m+ metro and a lot of anticipation for this season (before the unthinkable that is) and this sounds awful but 10 would’ve probably quietly hoped the tragic events would’ve ended up seeing a significant jump for more than one ep. Hoepfully things at least sustain or not grow, but agree with others, regardless it is still a vital show for the network financially and advertisers seem to still flock.

Or Nine

1 Like

Was 3 seasons ago COVID?

Well, the 2022 Australian Open and Married at First Sight (essentially post-COVID) both did 1m+ multiple times in broadcast metro overnights, to name a couple… Seven News is currently doing them… They’re still achievable on FTA, regardless of genre and specifics.
Many FTA shows, some once big or on big budgets, bombed during COVID years, even struggling for 200-300k metro.

2 Likes
6 Likes

“Nick Rearwald”? come on Ange.

The tribute to Jock continued tonight on The Project, with Waleed chatting with Brent Draper and former contestants Julie Goodwin (season 1 winner), Justin Narayan (season 13 winner) and Minoli De Silva in the MC kitchen.

Still no Hot n Cold for tonight’s elimination episode. I think the song has been dropped altogether for this season.

3 Likes

8 out with covid not cooking in tonight’s elimination.

1 Like