MasterChef Australia

TVNZ and TV3 are rival networks that by happen to each own the rights a different version of Masterchef. Pretty much it. So really each network only cares about the success of their respective shows.

1 Like

Speaking of Rivals, Tonight’s Pressure Test is a Tiramisu with a Modern Twist. However the Four Cooks in this Elimination (3 Straight Women & 1 Gay Men) are all Dessert Queens, They’ll not see the Dish, They’ll not taste the Dish, Not even given the Recipe for it. They have to Rely on a Review from Judge Melissa Leong, Hard Break Right?

2 Likes

I think there is a loophole in the contract between TV3 and Banijay Rights (which owns the MasterChef format) which allows TVNZ to buy the current season of MasterChef Australia. If TV3 holds the rights to MC in New Zealand, that should include all overseas versions including Australia’s.

That’s not a loophole, that’s just smart business.

They’d make more from selling them separately, neither network should be forced into buying the local rights and the AU version if they only want one or the other.

I just don’t think it’s smart scheduling to have both on-air at the same time, but it could just be a case of unfortunate timing given our version is on air currently.

Yes, Prime currently owns the rights to the American version and to be unfair that TV3 still have the rights to the local format given that TVNZ 2’s success with Australian edition are guaranteed of profit

NCIS and NCIS: Hawaii are currently airing on Three and TVNZ2 respectively currently at 8:30pm Tuesdays so not even unprecedented in the current broadcasting era!

Deliveroo are now delivering MasterChef-inspired mini Choc-Tops from tonight’s episode.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’ve noticed they’ve changed the intro ,now only showing the top 12 contestants

I’m pretty sure they’ve been doing that since S6

1 Like
1 Like

Special incentive for the contestants during Top 10 Week this week: anyone who cooked a top dish this week would be safe from Sunday’s elimination, including winner of mystery box, the top two dishes of pressure test and the winner of invention test. The four winners would then face off on Thursday’s episode to win the final immunity pin.

I was sorry to see Michael go,he finished 2nd in his season and now just missed out being top 10

1 Like

The Dish That Changed Alvin’s Life Returns.

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites. Continues Sunday, 19 June At 7.30pm. On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.

In a huge Sunday elimination, MasterChef Australia Favourite Alvin will reimagine the dish that made him famous over a decade ago.

In 2010, Alvin’s Drunken Chicken led to a nationwide shortage of Shaoxing wine, but can it make magic in the MasterChef kitchen again?

1 Like

Was sorry to see Tommy go😕

Last year’s season of Celebrity MasterChef Australia began screening on W channel in the UK in early June. This was the season with Gordon Ramsay’s daughter Tilly competing. I am not sure if W channel ever asked Tilly to help promote the show.

Chef Natalie Paull from Beatrix Bakes in North Melbourne would be a special guest on MasterClass tonight.
image-asset

2 Likes

Tasmania Week also acted as Finals Week, and will start screening next Sunday night (July 3) when the six remaining contestants competed in an oyster cooking challenge at Oyster Bay on the Freycinet Peninsula.

This suggests the MasterChef grand final will air on July 11 or July 12 (also the night of Big Brother finale on Seven).

1 Like

It will be July 11, Masterchef will be down to the final four on Tuesday July 5th.

I hope it wasn’t Julie or Billie who ended up winning this season since they’ve both won before.
I’m guessing maybe Mindy or Sarah won?