MasterChef Australia

From tonight’s episode, the contestants arrived at the MasterChef kitchen in MG SUVs. Previously they just walked through the gate to the building.

Also tonight, Maggie Beer made her first appearance on the show in three years.

1 Like

Yes I noticed that too,MG is a sponsor this season…
Always great to see Maggie Beer again on the show.

3 Likes

Marco will be on Thursday’s episode which also includes a MasterClass.

An imposing figure appears in the kitchen: iconic chef Marco Pierre White. Contestants face a pressure test to win immunity by recreating his panache of sea scallops, calamari and ink sauce.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Marco on MasterChef again

2 Likes

According to Sunday Herald Sun, filming for this season finished last week, with Jock now embarking on his national tour to promote his memoir Last Shot (which was published last year). He will have two book signings in Melbourne in mid June.

Tonight’s the Herb Garden Challenge.

1 Like

Can anyone from Victoria tell me exactly where that mansion that was featured in the team challenge last week please? It was a nice change to see them out of the MasterChef kitchen and doing an offsite challenge

1 Like

It’s Werribee Park Mansion, which has featured in numerous movies and TV shows.

3 Likes

Herald Sun reports today that Heston Blumenthal had filmed for MasterChef and he would be seen later this season. He celebrated his 56th birthday with a group of people last Friday (May 27) at Grill’d Flinders Lane in Melbourne CBD.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the info

Heston is awesome,I like his groovy looking glasses.
Alvin also wears some great looking glasses

Last year’s Celebrity MasterChef winner and former St Kilda AFL captain Nick Riewoldt is special guest on MasterClass tonight. He and Jock will make fried eggplants with salsa verde and walnuts.

Marco said in tonight’s immunity challenge that it was the same day 44 years ago that he knocked on the kitchen door of Hotel St George at Harrogate and got his first job as an apprentice. This article from his restaurant group website said it happened in March 1978. Thus it indicates the episode was filmed in mid March this year.

2 Likes

The CGI cape is a nice touch.

Can’t wait, Marco is witty and entertaining and really pushes all the contestants to do their very best

2 Likes

I never miss an episode with Marco. He will approach a contestant who is cooking - stare at them for 23 seconds - and then say “cook with your heart and mind - think and cook”

Everyone acts like these are the words of the messiah. Jaws drop. The contestants cry. The judges are in awe.

Marco is hilarious and I am addicted to him.

2 Likes

The latest season of Masterchef Australia premieres in New Zealand next Sunday in the same timeslot against the local Masterchef series.

1 Like

I wished they could screen it later in the year or wait after MasterChef Australia has finished their run on TVNZ

1 Like

Seems silly to put both up against each other, and counter productive to either shows success .

2 Likes

I don’t know why they are doing this?