MasterChef Australia

This just drags.

Those pillow spoons are the most wankiest things I have seen on TV all year.

2 Likes

^ That dessert was literally the worst.

Letā€™s be honestā€¦

While Sashi is a much deserving winner, that wasnā€™t the final Ten would have wanted. Bar the shouting, we knew who was going to win after one hour & before the 2nd challenge began

3 Likes

MasterChef Season 10 Grand Final

Winner announced

MasterChef Australia has crowned its Season 10 champion, and itā€™s none other than Sashi Cheliah.

In a nail-biting finish, both Sashi and runner-up Ben Borsht scored the same points in the second round, but Sashiā€™s incredible first round meant his lead of 16 points scored him a whopping 93 out of 100.

After their final scores were announced Ben said, ā€œIā€™ve had such an amazing experienceā€¦ Iā€™ll remember it for the rest of my life. Throughout the competition Iā€™ve found such a passion for food, especially seafood, and canā€™t wait to see where this new found passion leads meā€.

A fierce competitor throughout the season, Sashi was the first ever to win TWO immunity pins in MasterChef Australia history.

2 Likes

Ok a few things. It should have been between Sashi and Kahn (even Jess) to make it interesting. What was Ben thinking in the first round with what he cooked for a final!?

Sashiā€™s kids are annoying and probably put Ben off; on top of his own wife who just added extra tension to the room.

When they announced the Heston round Ben should have just gave it to Sashi. Even if Sashi had done an average job he still would have won because his points were already so high. Ben needed to be perfect to win but only if Sashi failed.

Also how could they have possibly filmed a believable alternate ending with those scores?

Bit of a let down of a finale. Sashi seems like a great guy but really lacks diversity in his cooking style. The one who truely deserved to win this season in my opinion was Kahn. Such a shame he got knocked out in the final 3.
Finale also lost all tension with Sashis huge win over Ben in Round 1. To be honest both dishes in round 1 from both Sashi and Ben seemed to be fairly underwhelming and not really finale worthy.

According to George Calombaris apparently they didnā€™t film 2 alternative endings this year, would make sense given how the finale episode panned out.

6 Likes

Unfortunately it was all over before the second round even began. The final really summed up the whole season - mediocre. Ben and Sashi both cooked things they had flogged to death all season and showed zero creativity.

Gary telling Sashi he had forgotten to insert the centres in the mousse eradicated any chance Ben had of catching up. He should have said nothing then perhaps the scores would have been closer.

1 Like

For the first time possibly ever, I didnā€™t enjoy what was meant to be the best part of the grand final (Heston), looked over the top and to a point where maybe theyā€™ve gone too far, people criticise MKR for behaviour and true cooking ability and intentions, but I think this is a criticism for MC.

I know over the years 10pm is when its concluded, but felt last night couldā€™ve been wrapper by 9:30pm.

Anyhow congratulations to Sashi (a deserved winner and his kids are adorable) and also to Ben, nice to see Khanh pocket some cash too :slightly_smiling_face:

Benā€™s fish and peas dish was embarassing. What was he thinking? I donā€™t know how he even managed to get 7s for thatā€¦ it deserved 3s.

Despite Sashi leading as obvious winner I enjoyed the finale and didnā€™t drag too much for me. Pretty sure its gone longer some previous years (like 3 hours?).

5 Likes

The season of surprises ended with a mediocre finale. Sashi created two records: the highest grand final score (93) and the biggest winning margin (77). The contest was over at the end of first round when Ben put up an average starter and an average main. The margin was so big that there was no need to film two endings.
The Counting Sheep dessert by Heston Blumenthal looks spectacular but is too difficult to replicate at home.
Congratulations to Sashi though, he had proved to be a strong cook by holding two immunity pins at the same time during the season.
Apart from this finale, I really enjoy this season. Look forward to 2019! As for new ideas, maybe the producers can do a podcast with the judges, contestants, and guest chefs to discuss everything from food, the competition to their everyday life. They should also organise more cooking challenges in the public. And the show needs to visit Queensland and have a full week in NT as well.

Iā€™ve Noticed Three of this years Contestants were Notable Absentees in the Finale, Including Loki and First Out Brett, But who was the Third Person not Present for any Reason?

I didnā€™t notice Samira.

She was definitely there. I remember her making a comment about she loves how Aussie Benā€™s cooking is.

There were the 19 on the balcony - is it Denise that is also missing?

But weā€™re was Lisa?

Lisa is fourth from the right in the screencap above. Looks like it was Denise, Brett and Loki who were missing.

Closer

2 Likes

It was a bad finale because they let the wrong people through. No offence to Ben or Sashi but there were better contestants.