MasterChef Australia

Let the wrong people through? It’s a competition based on merit and scores awarded by the judges, which you can have your opinion on who you would prefer to win but that doesn’t mean they were the wrong people.

Viewing audiences and general consensus on socials would suggest that people were, for the most part pretty happy with the winner.

1 Like

Did you even watch the series? The blatant bias to some contestants was extreme.

Denise was definitely there for the previous episodes (I definitely saw her at the Masterclass or Monday’s cook) so I wonder why she left or if there was a further gap between filming those eps and the finale?

Whilst neither Sashi or Ben were my faves throughout the competition and I think Ben was pretty much middle of the pack most of the competition… from the top 5 I don’t think they got it wrong. Chloe, Jess and Khanh were all knocked out fair and square because they stuffed up on their final cooks. None of them deserved to stay over either Sashi or Ben in the last few episodes.

Ben was lucky and did scrape through a few times but Sashi well and truly earnt his spot.

3 Likes

I think Jess should have been in the final instead of Ben.She was cooking very well in the last few weeks,I missed the episode when she was eliminated.Its a shame Khanh just missed out on being in the final 2 ,nerves got the better of him .Congratulations to Sashi, he deserved to win.I haven’t watched last nights episode yet ,I will soon.

But Denise Attended Masterclass.

According to Ten, this season of MasterChef had 29.03 million video segment views on tenplay – up 13% on last year – and 7.37 million video starts, up 7%. On Facebook, MasterChef achieved 1.7 million “likes” – more than any other television show in Australia – and recorded an average total weekly reach on Facebook of 6.4 million. Total impressions on the show’s Instagram and Twitter pages increased 22% year on year to 32.4 million and 6% to 15.2 million respectively.

Are you? Unless you mean where was lisa?

But Sashi received the highest finale score in the history of Masterchef. Must have been a good cook to achieve that.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m happy for Sashi. Just think there were some very dodgy decisions along the way.

On the night the correct result came thru for a change.

You said, “There are apparently people on Facebook that know* who wins. If they are right it will be a Ben vs Sashi final with Ben the winner.”

*My emphasis.

Clearly you thought it was possible they were right and posted it here. If you knew it had to be rubbish because there were two endings so they couldn’t possibly know, then why post that they apparently knew who won?

Well then you obviously missed how she missed elements off her dish and some elements had split. She didn’t deserve to survive that round sadly and Ben cooked really well that same episode. Overall I agree that Jess was a better cook but the last few episodes were some of the few times Ben stepped it up whilst each of the others that were eliminated stuffed up their dishes on the episodes that they went. So it couldn’t have really gone any other way.

Does it really matter? It was wrong and it’s not like there was much solid evidence to support it. They didn’t even bother filming 2 endings this season as Sashi was so far ahead.

1 Like

You only know that after the event. If I go onto a forum in a country that gets MCA after us and I say I’ve seen the series and Ben wins, is that okay just because it’s wrong? Everyone still thinks it’s been spoiled. All I’m saying is that rumours of who wins should be in a spoiler tag, since there’s no way to be sure there’s nothing in them. What would you be saying if Ben had won?

Do you believe everything that everyone writes on the internet when there’s no credible source? I heard so many different things, even my friend claimed to know the winner and he was told Khanh by someone that worked at Channel 10. I always take those things with a grain of salt. People literally make these things up.

I have no idea whether it’s a credible source or not. Before the finale did you know for sure it wasn’t? Does nothing ever, ever leak? (Particularly in this case there could have been a leak because there was only one ending.) FFS, all I’m saying is put potential spoilers in a spoiler tag. It’s easy to do.

We saw an expensive looking 3D food printer used this year at the d’Arenberg Cube restaurant challenge.

Who knew that you can have your own :yum:

The PancakeBot is the world’s first food printer capable of printing pancakes by automatically dispensing batter directly onto a griddle. Pancake designs can be loaded onto the PancakeBot™ via SD card. Users can make their own pancake designs with the included software or browse through our online community that is updated with fun, new designs every week!

1 Like

The 10th season premieres on UK pay TV channel W next Wednesday at 7pm. The promo is based on the sneak peek shown on Ten back in March.

There is a good article in The Guardian today about the show, which was retweeted by Matt Preston to his followers.

New Zealand’s TVNZ1 is now half way through the season while there are less than four weeks left on Lifetime’s broadcast in South East Asia. Star World India, which used to fasttrack the show until last year, will finally air the 10th season from Monday, September 10.

1 Like

Network Ten wins Coles Supplier of the Year Award

Australian television broadcaster, Network Ten, has triumphed at the Coles Supplier Awards, winning the Outstanding Service Award .

At a gala dinner in Melbourne attended by more than 1000 Coles suppliers and team members, Network Ten was recognised for a decade of collaboration with Coles in showcasing great Aussie produce on MasterChef Australia.

Each season, Ten and Coles have worked together to inspire Aussies in the kitchen with exciting new ingredients, profiles on our top suppliers across the country and themes such as seasonal trends and responsible sourcing.

Network Ten’s Chief Sales Officer Rod Prosser said the team was delighted to win the award on the 10th anniversary of the partnership.

“Over the past 10 years, and together with the team at Coles and Endemol Shine Australia, we are proud to have showcased every day Australians making extraordinary food, inspiring a nation to create delicious meals at home,” he said.

Coles General Manager Brand and Media, Amber Collins, said Network Ten was a deserving recipient of the award.

“The 10-year MasterChef Australia partnership between Coles and Network Ten is one of the most enduring and successful commercial relationships on Australian television.

“We have been delighted to work Network Ten to highlight great Australian-grown produce on MasterChef and provide viewers with creative ideas in the kitchen,” she said.

The Outstanding Service Award was one of seven categories at the Coles Supplier Awards, which recognise suppliers’ excellence in providing merchandise, services and goods not-for-resale across the Coles’ business.

Winners of the other six categories were:

• Melbourne bakery Laurent won the Coles Product Innovation Award for its range of artisan sourdough bread produced in a state-of-the-art facility in Braeside.

• Winemaker Treasury Wine Estates won the Coles Best Product Launch Award for its highly successful 19 Crimes range, which was launched in First Choice stores in April.

• Tweed Valley bottled water producer Yaru Water won the Coles Community Champion of the Year Award for its life-changing projects supporting Indigenous communities.

• Australian skincare manufacturer Sukin Australia won the Coles Rising Star Award for its health and beauty range launched at Coles in a supermarket exclusive.

• Milne AgriGroup from Western Australia won the Coles Supply Chain Excellence Award for its seamless and consistent delivery of free range pork to Coles each week.

• Melbourne packaging manufacturer Plantic Technologies won the Coles Sustainable and Ethical Excellence Award for its ground-breaking work in developing sustainable meat packaging.

2 Likes

Shannon Bennett revealed to News Corp during a launch event in Byron Bay today that he would not return to MasterChef next season and he left the show on good terms. He had been a great mentor to contestants (especially in immunity challenges) in the past four seasons and I hope he will be back as a guest chef in the future.

News Corp also reports that this year’s runner-up Ben Borsht will be part of Birds Eye’s national pea campaign.

1 Like

Sashi Cheliah has followed the footsteps of 2017 champion Diana Chan by opening a pop-up restaurant in HWKR in Melbourne CBD. Gaja opened its doors on August 17 but the official party was Tuesday night with Gary and Matt invited plus several fellow contestants from this season.

Samira will have a stall at Margaret River Gourmet Escape this November, selling pilau, pulled local lamb, flat bread and a small sweet, Baku baklava. She will be assisted by fellow contestants from this season, Brendan and Reece.

1 Like