Food

Haven’t been to Hog’s in a while. There’s not one in cooee of me and I’m in inner western Sydney.

Still overpriced and they’ve not moved too far with the times. They’ve had it coming.

1 Like

Herald Sun reports Coles will put Christmas mince pies on sale from today. Really? :roll_eyes: Way too early.

The federal government is targeting bars and restaurants who rip off customers with undersized drinks.

Who eats those, besides nannas? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

How about we establish national standards for drink sizes first

A post was merged into an existing topic: MasterChef Australia

I know Four ‘N’ Twenty will release such a pie sooner than later. I would love to try it one day.

Why do we need to market it as a Meat Free Pie. There have been pies filled with vegetables since pies were invented.

I am currently craving Ramen. Anyone cook this regularly and know a good recipe? My small town doesn’t have a lot of choice in takeaway so going to have to get used to cooking these privileges I got used to in Melbourne.

If you search “ramen recipe” on Google you should be able to find a good one.
I cook ramen almost every weekend, although my parents have always complained about the small soup packs and the seasoning packs inside the packaging, they say they have MSG and other chemicals which are harmful to my body.

1 Like

Yeah I have googled but thought it would be nice if people had recipes to share.

Putting peanut butter in the fridge doesn’t work as it is then too hard to spread.

2 Likes

I got more issues with that ‘definitive’ list than just peanut butter in the fridge, that list is wrong on so many levels.

1 Like

I was more concerned about the butter in the pantry but…

Won’t the butter melt by being put in the pantry?

1 Like

You can leave it in a closed container and it will be fine, makes it easier to spread etc.

1 Like

All the things they put in the pantry i put in the fridge and all the things in the fridge i put in the pantry. Who puts butter in the pantry? And chocolate tastes so much better cold. And olive oil??? No way does that belong in the fridge.

2 Likes

Even supermarket store eggs in fridges these days to prevent bacteria growth.

1 Like

I normally only get fresh eggs but even still I put those in the fridge. The yolk stays together better in the fridge. I just make sure not to put them in the door as that subjects them to temperature drops.