Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc)

Staying in a hotel in London that has Sky. Please don’t expect me to list all 7819 channels :joy:

9 Likes

Just the top 5000 will do, don’t want to be ridiculous about things.

9 Likes

Another MATV fail.

In the Orange NSW motel I’m staying at tonight, there is analogue FOXTEL - 10 channels all like this.

And no FOX League! But there is FOX Footy (AFL).

6 Likes

What about the FTA channels?

They were perfectly fine, DVB-T fed through to the TV off air (ie. as we get at home).

Just a shame that the FOXTEL aspect isn’t so good, though I understand to get a digital system in place for it would be expensive.

2 Likes

Now in Canberra, and tonight’s MATV experience is the polar opposite of last night.

Now have FOXTEL with iQ2, that’s a first!
I’m lucky to get a Pace box any other time.
So a BIG tick there!

But free to air… oh boy.

The LCNs have not been updated for a few years and the TV is NOT able to be rescanned.

So (5) is still SC10 Canberra but shows Nine Canberra.
(50) is listed as ONE Canberra, but shows 9Gem.
(55] is listed as ELEVEN but shows 9Go

(82) is listed as GEM Canberra but shows BOLD.
(83) is listed as GO! Canberra but shows Peach.

And there’s s no 7flix.

No 9HD either, but Prime7 HD appears to be on (60) and WIN HD is still there on (80).

5 Likes

If it’s in a ‘hotel mode’ you can sometimes find the password to unlock it on Google.

2 Likes

Very strange for a town where NRL is the main football! I’m sure that motel would get lots of complaints from people wanting to watch NRL!

3 Likes

The resorts we usually stay in at Ulladulla have Austar Flinders boxes, although they don’t seem to show any channels at all. Asides, it seems that most resorts now have MPEG-4 TVs rather than MPEG-2 only ones, which is excellent (last time I went to Merimbula a few MPEG-4 TVs were there but many MPEG-2s were still there…)

1 Like

If they don’t show any television channels, what are they for?

2 Likes

Decoration? :smile:

Personally, I think an antique receiver is more interesting to look at than an antique vase, but I know 99.5% of the general population ^ would not agree.

^ Excludes Media Spyers.

3 Likes

Another night, another hotel and MATV mixed bag.

This time, Mantra Hotel Albury.

All main FTA channels are there, including HD channels. Though as per pic, illogical channel numbers. But some channels are pixelating a bit, WIN seems to be the worst. Only BOLD (One) and PEACH (Eleven) are incorrectly labelled.

No reason for the pixelation given its it’s a new 8 story hotel and with line of sight to Mt Baranduda.

Plenty of FOXTEL channels too, though only in SD, including FOX League (correctly labelled) despite being south of the Barassi line. FOX Footy there too.

7 Likes

In the image 7TWO is mislabelled “Prime7 Two”.

A list of them plz?

2 Likes

Spot the typo :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Can I have a “P” for Peter please Burgo?

5 Likes

I’m surprised that Binge is available as a business foxtel channel

1 Like

I’m pretty sure any of the channels can be added a la carte to a business package. It’s a shame they don’t extend the privilege to domestic customers.

Edit: Here’s a link: https://www.foxtel.com.au/business/packages/accommodation/alc.html

2 Likes

Coz they know that viewers only really want the sport channels for $29pm without having to pay for the basic package as well (which doubles the price).

But something tells me that FOXTEL couldn’t survive if those customers only paid the $29.

4 Likes

Showtime Premiere no longer operates. You must be thinking of Foxtel Premiere Movies.