Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc)

I know someone who manages a local RSL club which is about to get Foxtel Business hooked up. $600 per month they quoted! Bloody ridiculous.

6 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know it was that expensive for pubs & clubs to have Foxtel Business subscriptions!

I agree. The day that major Australian sporting bodies bypass Foxtel (and potentially FTA) to do their own streaming services will probably be a good one for consumers.

2 Likes

Would it be feasible to rebroadcast a Kayo feed onto a master system?

Would breach the terms of use and Foxtel tends to be pretty good at finding out what venues are breaking the rules.

I’m sure Foxtel will craft up an SVOD product for business if they think they can make a buck off it in comparison to their legacy product.

3 Likes

One of my local venues did this - lasted about 5 weeks

2 Likes

Yeah, I suspected that.

It is slightly out of date, but this is the current list of television and radio channels available via the cable system at Parliament House in Canberra. Interesting that the Canberra AM radio stations are all available on FM, and all Canberra radio stations are available on digital television.

https://www.aph.gov.au/News_and_Events/Watch_Parliament/ParlTV_-_In-house_television_and_radio_service

8 Likes

Wow, 38 channels of parliament TV!
A pure insomniac’s and masochist’s dream!

Interesting how some terrestrial Canberra FM radio frequencies (91.1, 92.7, 98.3) are being reused for other stations. I thought there may be a risk of leakage of the over the air broadcasts into the cable system and causinginterference?

1 Like

Channel 118 for me! The weather camera.

2 Likes

The list on the webpage is slightly more up to date.

2 Likes

If the list of FTA channels is anything to go by, I’d guess that the website was last updated in August/September 2016. Although it seems likely that all FTA channels currently available via Canberra DVB-T would be receivable in Parliament House.

2 Likes

Was staying in Warnambool a few weeks ago and they had access to “Foxtel” on the hotel TV.

“Foxtel” in quotations because it was via analogue in stretched out 4:3 without channel names :frowning:
The quality was so shocking it was basically unwatchable.

I believe that they had Fox Footy (?) and some movie channels.

4 Likes

Everything is on cable I’m guessing because the offices in the bowels of the building probably wouldn’t get any terrestrial reception of television and radio??

4 Likes

Currently staying at a hotel in Scotland and this was listed in the Guest services book.

8 Likes

i’m surprised there was no condition on foxtel’s licence to carry at least some of those channels - Live HOR and Senate would have been a minimum i would have thought instead of having to pick and choose

2 Likes

More MATV madness.

I’m now staying at the Pullman in Adelaide, and in the guide it lists

6: 7 Digital
7: Seven One
8: Seven Two
9: Seven Three
10: Seven Mate

6, 7 and 9 all show 7SD, and there’s no 7HD

There is 9HD however, but no 9SD and there isn’t any 9Life.

ONE HD is STILL listed (along with Eleven).

And SBS is shown in both SD and HD.

It’s quite possibly the most bizarre set up I’ve seen.

6 Likes

Useless. The main channel is already “7One”.

And to this date Seven never called their second non-HD multi-channel “7Three”.

Remember “7 Digital 1” and “7 Digital 3”?

2 Likes

Yeah, but were never really used.

And this is a fairly newish hotel.

1 Like

Are 7flix and 7Food Network there?

7flix was, don’t think 7foodnetwork was though.